• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 dollars???

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
OK I am not sure if im posting this in the right area but here it goes....If you had $2000 to spend your DD xj what would you get? I have an 99 2door with an AX15...I THOUGHT I knew what I wanted but when I actually get the money I cant decide...Gas mileage is a factor....Thanks guys

Mike

forgot to mention its stock with 31's

XbajajeepX said:
OK I am not sure if im posting this in the right area but here it goes....If you had $2000 to spend your DD xj what would you get? I have an 99 2door with an AX15...I THOUGHT I knew what I wanted but when I actually get the money I cant decide...Gas mileage is a factor....Thanks guys

Mike

Is it stock, and do you want to stay under a certain tire size? Still be very comfortable to drive around in every day?

Edit, alright just caught your post.

My recommendation is a 3.5" OME lift and OME shocks (yes you can get it in that size mixing and matching their parts). Make sure you have front and rear recovery points, and maybe some armor, rock rails, skids, etc. I think you'd be very pleased with that.

stock with 31's.. get gears, 4.10's to be specific. Then if you have anything left (which you should if you're smart) throw some new wheels on there to give yourself a wider stance and throw on a 2" budget boost.

Wow 2000 dollars
probably full skid plates, exhaust, three inch lift with thirty ones and then re gear to what ever is right to maintain gas mileage.
Also hitch on the back and some type of recovery points on the front.

Chris

The jeep is mainly used for DD from and to work and when it does go offroad its mainly on desert roads and some slight crawling...So not really any mud, or anything like that...I already have some fox shocks im throwin on there....Im not too worried about gears considering its really not all that bad with the 31's. Although, I would love to regear if I could get a smokin deal on gears and install...

I would put an msd ignition on for a start. It won't be 2K, but it's a great upgrade. better low-end torque, and better economy at the same time. that should leave you plenty to put skids, or a bumper+winch. maybe a nice rear bumper that can hold a full size spare, instead of the worthless doughnut the cherokees come with.

91 Jeep Project said:
Speculation, not a worth while upgrade in my opinion. I'd not waste the money on one of those.
X2 waste of money:conceited Lockers????????

$2000????

I've got a 16 ft enclosed trailer for sale :D

haha great replys guys...Im trying to spend the money as wisely as possible since I wont be able to spend money on the jeep for a long time after that...Im trying to get a budget boost and performance upgrades together.....

XbajajeepX said:
haha great replys guys...Im trying to spend the money as wisely as possible since I wont be able to spend money on the jeep for a long time after that...Im trying to get a budget boost and performance upgrades together.....

I'd not worry about the performance upgrades. Anything out there, thats in your price range at the moment. Isn't going to do enough of anything to be worth the money you spent on it. Trust me on this.

How does this set up sound...

HD Leaf springs 1" lift
Rustys .75" shackle
1.75" coil spacer
APN header
High flow cat
Flowmaster 50

for a grand total of around $800

so that would leave 1200 for some wheels and gears or a bumper maybe...

lockers arent really needed because I dont really do amything crazy enough for them.....with a lift that high I would have to worry about an SYE and that would be even more money...

oh and if I go to 3+" i would need longer shocks than the ones I have...

XbajajeepX said:
lockers arent really needed because I dont really do amything crazy enough for them.....with a lift that high I would have to worry about an SYE and that would be even more money...

SYE on 3.5? naaaa. I am on 4.5" with no t-case drop and I don't have too serious a problem with driveline vibration.

go for your previous setup, only change it to a RE 1.25" shackle and a front coil or a 2" spacer, then you'd be a lil bit bigger...

Back