• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problems with jcr offroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjovertj

NAXJA Forum User
i just wanted to know if all the jcr front unibody tie-ins had this problem

i just got my stage 1 bumper and had it painted and started to put it on but as i held the tie-ins next to the bumpermounts i noticed one of the holes was like almost a 1/2" off.

i have heard nothing but good things from jcr and wanted to know if it was a fluke or if they made a mistake w/ their jig (which in my opinion should have been corrected)

i have no problems w/ the bumper itself just w/ the tie-ins

Im sure they will see this thread and chime in.

If I recall, I think they had a couple bumpers that had holes drilled wrong. Call them, they will take care of you.

Call them, they will take care of you. Why come here biatching when you haven't even heard what they had to say?:smsoap:

Hale

Which hole is off? We have seen issues with the top steering box bolt not fitting on "some" jeeps. Probably have seen this 5 times. All of the tie in brackets are built in a jig and are all the same. But I can imagine that with all the product we have been sending out lately, that something could get out the door wrong. If you can, get us a picture of the offending hole and email it to [email protected]. We will get you taken care of when we figure out what is off.

jcroffroad said:
Which hole is off? We have seen issues with the top steering box bolt not fitting on "some" jeeps. Probably have seen this 5 times. All of the tie in brackets are built in a jig and are all the same. But I can imagine that with all the product we have been sending out lately, that something could get out the door wrong. If you can, get us a picture of the offending hole and email it to [email protected]. We will get you taken care of when we figure out what is off.

right now i have only got the old bumper off, and haven't got the new bumper on yet. the holes in the tie ins match the unibody of the xj but when i held them up to the mounts on the new bumper i could get 2 of the holes to line up but then the 3rd is like a quarter inch off

like i said i haven't had a chance to get the new bumper on so it might not be a big problem i just was trying to see if everyone has to modify the mounts to work.

not trying to bash your work(i was extremely happy w/ the bumper itself as well as the price),

i will probably give you guys a call later as i also have a question regarding the removal of the air dam because on my 97 it appears to be part of the inner fender liner so i don't know if i should cut it or just pull the whole plastic liner off

Hey...here is an idea...

grab a phone.

go to the bumper.

CALL JCR.

NO reason to continue this thread until you have made contact with them.

Rev

Don't you guys understand that all cjovertj is asking is if anyone else has had the same problem as he is? Some of you guys are jumping all over him like he is bashing jcr offroad's work and he isn't.

Maybe cjovertj was just thinking that someone would say "yeah they are all like that, all you have to do is....."

If someone says my hatch is making a squeaking noise, nobody jumps on them and tells them to call Jeep.

No offense to anyone but forums are made specifically for these types of posts.:greensmok

klennop said:
Don't you guys understand that all cjovertj is asking is if anyone else has had the same problem as he is? Some of you guys are jumping all over him like he is bashing jcr offroad's work and he isn't.

Maybe cjovertj was just thinking that someone would say "yeah they are all like that, all you have to do is....."

If someone says my hatch is making a squeaking noise, nobody jumps on them and tells them to call Jeep.

No offense to anyone but forums are made specifically for these types of posts.:greensmok

exactly

thanks klennop

klennop said:

It's the thread name that is bringing up this response. It does not say "problems with tie in bracket" or "jcr fitment problems", it says "problems with jcr offroad" .. which as nearly everyone here can tell you, if you have problems with jcr offroad, the problem is you didnt tell them you had a problem. :) They go above and beyond to take care of everyone.

Perhaps.

But with the title like it is, and the fact that the vendor is known for taking care of its customers, we may be a little proactive in making sure that the normal flow of problem resolution is taken before bringing the issue here.

the problem with bring a vendor issue here, or any forum, is that many times the vendor is tried and convicted in the eyes of the community befroe they have even had a chance to address any issues.

Still would have been better to contact them first.

Rev

cal said:
It's the thread name that is bringing up this response. It does not say "problems with tie in bracket" or "jcr fitment problems", it says "problems with jcr offroad" .. which as nearly everyone here can tell you, if you have problems with jcr offroad, the problem is you didnt tell them you had a problem. :) They go above and beyond to take care of everyone.

I can see what you are saying, however if you just click and read you know what the deal is. In all honesty it is a "problem with jcr offroad" but it just isn't specific on what the "problem" is in the title. Also I don't think that anyone is doubting jcr offroads good "customer service".

As for contacting first, I disagree because I would want some background before I call. If everyone is having the problem then I would mention that. However if I am the only one with the problem I would let the vendor know that also. Mentioning that would also help a vendor correct a problem if it is affecting multiple people.:eeks1:

I opened this thread and read it and I never once felt it was an attack on the vendor. I never really considered that it could be an attack on JCR until Rev brought it up.
Granted a better title would've been "Problems with jcr offroad bumper". The current title indicates that the poster is having trouble with the company in general and not specific trouple with one of its products. I think the misleading title was not intentional though.
Back to your normal scheduled programming.

I bought a set of the tie in brackets to use on my Trail Ready bumper. I did have an issue about hole(s) not lining up quite right. It has been a while since I put them in, but I seem to remeber it being one of the steering box holes. I think I just reamed things out a bit to make them fit. It's been on since early spring, plenty of winching and pulling, and no destruction yet. I will try and get a pic of it tonight and post it.

Yah we are actually going to be doing a change over on our tie in brackets in the middle of this month. We are going with a larger plate that covers more holes. I would definitly like to see pics or hear from ppl that had some fitting problems with our old brackets.

Please PM me with infomation on tie in brackets that might not have lined up.

Ray H said:
I opened this thread and read it and I never once felt it was an attack on the vendor. I never really considered that it could be an attack on JCR until Rev brought it up.
Granted a better title would've been "Problems with jcr offroad bumper". The current title indicates that the poster is having trouble with the company in general and not specific trouple with one of its products. I think the misleading title was not intentional though.
Back to your normal scheduled programming.

ya i really didn't mean it to be an attack on jcr in anyway. like i said i really was impressed w/ the bumper itself and the holes in the mounts might have enough clearance to fit right.

i just need to put it on to see, i have just been really busy the last couple days and haven't had a chance to. i was just trying to get an idea of how much messing around w/ it to try and see how long it will take me to do it.

Even if i do have to enlarge the holes it really isn't a big deal, and i can understand some little thing like that not being 100% correct because i work at a small metal shop, and realize that sometimes after making 2000 of a part 1 or 2 can get messed up

again just wanna say i am not trying to bash on jcr

I've got a similar call in to them right now. Not only were the tie-ins off but even without them (just for pictures!) the bumper didn't line up quite right. They've been very responsive to this point, but I need to be patient now for an answer of exactly what the fix will be.

In the meantime, I have a 70 pound "conversation piece" in my living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back