• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj main leaf...

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
already searched and couldnt find what I was looking for. How much lift do you think I will get out of an xj main leaf added to a new HD leaf from quadratec??? The HD leafs are 1" higher than stock.....

goodburbon said:
somewhere between 2-3 total....it's all a guesstimate and depends on the condition of the leaves you are gonna use

noway hed get that much if the hd leaves are 1" over stock i would say u might get another .5" over the hds or 1.5" all together

ok then apparently it will only act like a very thin block. The point is you should try it out and measure. another factor is wether or not you have up-country package, which is what i get my upper estimate from.

you can try using just the main leaf of the s10 spring this will probably get you about 2 inches of lift and probably won't ride too stiff since your only adding the one leaf

Just another data point:

I added a stock top leaf to my existing pack and got 1.5"

I then added the second from the top stock leaf to my existing pack + extra top leaf, and my total was 2.0"

hruska said:
Just another data point:

I added a stock top leaf to my existing pack and got 1.5"

I then added the second from the top stock leaf to my existing pack + extra top leaf, and my total was 2.0"

Just so I'm clear, does this mean that you added the top three leaves (sp.?) in order to get 2"? Or, did you add two top leaves and one second-from-the-top leaf?

Out of curiosity, how confident are you about the HD leaves giving you 1"? I might just grab some newer leaves and ZJ coils for a slightly improved stance and ride...

JeepDawg said:
Just so I'm clear, does this mean that you added the top three leaves (sp.?) in order to get 2"? Or, did you add two top leaves and one second-from-the-top leaf?

I added the top two leaves from a doner pack to my existing stock pack. The first one (with the eyes cut off) gave me 1.5". The second one added another 0.5"

Clear as mud?

So when one wants to do a AAL, you need to replace the pin/bolt, bands, and ubolts. Is this something Napa would all keep in stock? Or do you need to special order it? or...?

Ken

hruska said:
I added the top two leaves from a doner pack to my existing stock pack. The first one (with the eyes cut off) gave me 1.5". The second one added another 0.5"

Clear as mud?

so my original quote of 1-2 inches above an existing 1 inch lift (or 2-3")was spot on. Thank you.

goodburbon said:
so my original quote of 1-2 inches above an existing 1 inch lift (or 2-3")was spot on. Thank you.

except for the fact that when you use leaves that already give 1" of lift you aren't going to get the full 1.5" you would with non-lift springs

Ok so if I were to use normal leafs and add 2 XJ leafs I would get roughly 2"??

If I were to add an S10 main, the 2nd S10 leaf and the bottom XJ leaf how much do you think I would get with the non HD leafs??

XbajajeepX said:
Ok so if I were to use normal leafs and add 2 XJ leafs I would get roughly 2"??

If I were to add an S10 main, the 2nd S10 leaf and the bottom XJ leaf how much do you think I would get with the non HD leafs??

I added a stock XJ main leaf (cut down to fit) and stock XJ second leaf (cut a bit shorter) to my stock XJ pack, and got roughly 3".

It may matter depending on the existing condition of the springs, IE: sag, wear, ect...

With the S10 setup, probably 4-5". You might just want to take a day to experiment around.

with 2.5" of lift do you think my shocks would be ok till I could get new ones??? There are sensatracs on there now

it will only be temp till I get my fox shocks....I am mostly just on desert roads anyways so no crazy flexing....What all will I need when I add the new leafs?? Center pins/bolts, u bolts, and clamps?? Where should I get this stuff from??

I added a stock leaf, one right below the main, to some 4" lift springs I have and got at least 1.5" out of it.

Back