• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks...

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
OK I have searched but have not found an answer. I am wanting to purchase some fox shocks for my DD with 1.75" of lift on it. How do I know what length to get. The fox shocks all come in sizes like 8" 9" 10" and so on......I THINK for a 3.5" lift you need to get the 10" shocks but im not positive....Anyone have any input on this? Thanks

Mike

Now I'm not sure how fox shocks work but when i needed rear shocks for my 3" lifted xj, I had to measure the distance between the two mounts where the eyelets of the shock would end up(on level ground) and give these measurements to the kind lady on the phone(4wd hardware) and she sent me some spiffy skyjacker shocks that were perfect. So if you get this measurement to the shock company/distributor they should figure the rest out for you! Thats what I did.

whats the extended length front and rear for stock shocks??

couldn't tell you, but there should be a chart or something where you are ordering your shocks from to tell you exactly what lenght shock you need as long as you have that measurement.

I have a Monroe chart on PDF that tells you the mounting stile for top and bottom, the length compressed and extended, by part number. You’ll have to go to Advance Auto web site (they sell Monroe there) to get the part # tho. PM me your email and I’ll send it to ya when I get home.

extended is at full articulation i guess if you off road you dont want a shock too short that will limit you flex...

Back