• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted renix CCV

Jess

NAXJA Forum User
I need a CCV for an 87 4.0. If anyone is unsure what the CCV is, it is the plastic elbow on the valve cover in front of the oil cap. It is necessary to remove the valve cover to remove it. If anyone has one it would be greatly apprectiated.
Thanks,
Joe

The CCV lines can be changed without engine disassembly at any level.

If you're seeing the elbow starting to let go, it's probably time to change the rest of the lines as well. Go to your local NAPA, have them get out their Echlin book, and there are three part numbers you want to service the whole system - which add up to about $50 all up. Alternatively, you can search around here - I know the part numbers have been posted at least twice, because I saw them before I ended up posting them myself (I don't have them to hand.)

I'm gradually collecting "reference part numbers" to post on my site for easy lookup - I just haven't had time to befriend my own local NAPA yet, so I can spend a couple hours or so going through their Echlin books...

Also if your near an Autozone/advance auto, check the motormite/help parts book. I replaced all my vacuum harness for around $50.

5-90 said:
The CCV lines can be changed without engine disassembly at any level.

If you're seeing the elbow starting to let go, it's probably time to change the rest of the lines as well. Go to your local NAPA, have them get out their Echlin book, and there are three part numbers you want to service the whole system - which add up to about $50 all up. Alternatively, you can search around here - I know the part numbers have been posted at least twice, because I saw them before I ended up posting them myself (I don't have them to hand.)

I'm gradually collecting "reference part numbers" to post on my site for easy lookup - I just haven't had time to befriend my own local NAPA yet, so I can spend a couple hours or so going through their Echlin books...

It is not that the elbow is "starting to let go", it is already gone. I got this Jeep really cheap and the valve cover had no outlets in it. I checked AutoZone and they said it was a dealer only item. Then I went to the dealer and they wanted $65 for the CCV because in included the whole side of the vaccum harness. I only need the elbow and am going to run normal vacccum line to the air intake.

Jess said:
It is not that the elbow is "starting to let go", it is already gone. I got this Jeep really cheap and the valve cover had no outlets in it. I checked AutoZone and they said it was a dealer only item. Then I went to the dealer and they wanted $65 for the CCV because in included the whole side of the vaccum harness. I only need the elbow and am going to run normal vacccum line to the air intake.

That's normal for just about anywhere - you're going to find that elbow just comes with the rest of the vacuum wiring. Not much you can do about that...

Back