• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CBD lawsuite @ truckhaven DENIED.

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
http://www.corva.org/Latest_Issues/2007/truckhaven/Truckhaven2007report.html

PRESS RELEASE

EcoLogic Partners, Inc.

SACRAMENTO – On Friday, January 26, 2007, Judge Gail Ohanesian of the Sacramento County Superior Court denied a request by the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) for a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) that would have shut-down the popular “Truckhaven” area to off-highway vehicle use for the indefinite future.

CBD had sought the TRO claiming that the California Department of Parks and Recreation had failed to comply with the California Environmental Quality Act prior to allowing OHV activities at the Truckhaven property, which State Parks acquired last summer. CBD also alleged that State Parks had allowed the California Off-Road Vehicle Association (CORVA) to hold an illegal OHV event last weekend (January 20-21) at Truckhaven.

Both State Parks and CORVA submitted detailed briefs and other evidence to the Court demonstrating that no legal violations took place and requesting that CBD’s request for a TRO be denied. The Court was persuaded that no restraining order was necessary to protect the resources at Truckhaven.

CORVA’s legal counsel, David Hubbard of EcoLogic, said, “This is a great victory for families who enjoy recreation in the southern California desert. For the moment at least, we have preserved a Truckhaven tradition that has been unbroken for more than 50 years.”

The fight over Truckhaven is not over yet. Although its TRO request was rejected, CBD still intends to pursue its overall CEQA lawsuit against State Parks over Truckhaven. CORVA and other interested parties will likely participate in the litigation.

For more information regarding this press release, contact David Hubbbard at <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected] or (619) 992-3600.

(EcoLogic is a non-profit corporation committed to responsible family recreation in the great American outdoors.)

well they were able to turn this years TDS in to a total cluster fuk though! so they did do something at least in thier minds I am sure!

Indeed, not to mention a pretty severe hit to Corva's pocketbook, not running their poker run.

You might have, but I missed it if you did. Too many threads on the subject going on I guess.

Reading Corva's lawyers response was interesting. It left me with a mental image of a laywer standing up and saying "You guy's are a bunch of lying ninnies!" in a really well articulated manner.

There was an article in the Sunday Union Tribune about the whole ordeal. I was suprised that my wife noticed it, and then proceeded to let me know of the whole situation.

Back