• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mini 20 or 16 oz CO2 setup for tires?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well saw something kinda cool and dont remember where I saw it. It was 49$ or there abouts for a thread on adapter that had a squeeze type trigger that was made for the smaller CO2 bottles/tanks (like paintball size).

Anyone know where that was?

Also anyone use this yet?

It mentioned 3 large SUV tires from dead flat to like 35psi, or 7-10 trail pressure to road pressure, capacity in one.

Thats perfect for a blown bead I would think? And small!

Then I though what about a smaller say 4500PSI 72CU tank. How would that compare when filled? I dont need to carry a big arse CO2 tank, no room nor need.

Anyone ever made this setup, is another question?

Might be a nice idea for emergency use, but I wouldn't count on it (those small xx oz tanks) as a real OBA source for tires. Only time I've seen the little CO2 tanks in use in/on offroad vehicles is as for running ARB's on competition rigs.

I have one. Got it at an off road show this last Fall. Works great! :clap: I use my son's paintball tanks. Cost $3.50 or so to fill up at a local Sprting goods shop (Sports Chalet). I still have to put an in-line guage on the hose, but have'nt got around to it yet. I believe It came from the "Power Tank" booth. As I recall, they wanted me to buy their whole kit with the 20oz tank, but I passed on that when I realized that it was the same type of Co2 tank my son uses. He had serveral "extras laying around which I Kind of "borrowed". I just bought the trigger valve and hose.

Southwest Chuck said:
I just bought the trigger valve and hose.

Thats all I want too. I saw it somewhere for 49.99. And those little co2 bottles are dime a dozen. and way cheap to fill. Free after paintballing if I take em to a local field.

As for not counting on it. Umm would you count on a big arse bottle?? whats the difference? You like having all that extra if needed huh? Yeah I guess I would also like to carry 4 total axles rather then 2, under that therory?

I wonder how fast and how many tires you could fill with a small painball tank??? I have a 20lb and it takes a long time to run out, but it is so heavy and huge that I dont take it anymore.

KSXJ said:
I wonder how fast and how many tires you could fill with a small painball tank??? .

See my first post....

Places that sell dirt bike and quad parts will have those. I had a setup that I would pack in my riding bag for an emergency. Worked awesome on quad tires, dont think it would be that great on 33's or bigger.

with our 10# tank I'm not worried about having enough to air up all our tires (35's right now, soon to be 36x13.5's) multiple times over a weekend if needed, or running air tools for repairs if needed. My 10# tank is good for about 16 inflations (4 inflations at 4 tires per time) with 35's, going from 10psi to 30psi. A 16oz tank would only only air up my tires once, with a little left over, before needed to be recharged. Might get 2 air ups out of it going from 15 to 30psi, and smaller tires would of course require less air.

Maybe I'm just not giving those little bottles enough credit (I'm not a paintballer, so I have no experience with them), but I just don't see them as having enough capacity to be a useful OBA system for 2-3 day long wheelin' trips, especially with bigger tires.

But the small bottles would certainly be easier to stow, and more convenient (though way more expensive per weight) to have filled...

Chuck, what size tires and what pressures (trail and street) are you using your setup with? How many times can you fill a tire before needing to recharge?

vegas_baja said:
Places that sell dirt bike and quad parts will have those. I had a setup that I would pack in my riding bag for an emergency. Worked awesome on quad tires, dont think it would be that great on 33's or bigger.

link to who makes that setup?

Last edited:
I've seen new 10lb CO2 tanks for around $75 and a regulator for $35. The 20lb tanks are only about $20 more. I ran a 10lb tank for years. I could inflate about 12-15 35" tires from 10lb to 28lbs with the 10lb tank. Also remember that the faster you suck the bottle down, the colder it gets and then the vapor pressure drops and the bottle freezes. This limits how fast you can inflate the tires. IMHO a one pound bottle would be good for one go around with large tires, maximum.

http://www.co2-canisters.com/

http://www.torchguys.com

Last edited:
ROBERTK said:
It mentioned 3 large SUV tires from dead flat to like 35psi, or 7-10 trail pressure to road pressure, capacity in one.

Thats perfect for a blown bead I would think? And small!

Umm maybe my question and suggested use is not being read or understood..

I DONT PLAN ON RUNNING air tools. Or filling my own and buddies tires at the end of a trip.

mearly for IF I blow a bead or get a flat adn plug it or get it back seated adn need a quick SMALL portable tank this seems perfect? I dont want to mount a huge arse tank on my gage..

ROBERTK said:
mearly for IF I blow a bead or get a flat adn plug it or get it back seated adn need a quick SMALL portable tank this seems perfect? I dont want to mount a huge arse tank on my gage..

yes.

JJ, the Valve I have is just like the one on the Power Tank link KSXJ posted. I Just got the valve and the hose from them at the O.C. Show at a reasonable price (I think around $60.00). They have a chart that shows how many times you can fill up based on air pressure/tank volume/tire size. I'll see if I can dig it up tomarrow. Right now I'm running 31's (soon 33's) on my '94 xj. According to there chart as I recall, I can reinflate my tires from
20psi to 36psi 2 times (that's 8 tires total) with the 20oz bottle or inflate 2 tires 0-36psi once. I carry two bottles with me that neatly fit under the back seat. My son has a 4500psi tank that I'm going to try sometime in the near future. don't know the size off-hand though. I'll check it out and give it a run-through and report back on that one. But the standard 20oz easily inflates my tires back to 35psi. The most I've done so far is one cycle from 20 to 35 psi w/plenty of air left. I fell pretty confident carrying two tanks though and they do store easily!
Chuck

Last edited:
KSXJ, Here's the info:

The valve "Name" is the "CO2FLATOR" by "REHVAC" and is imprinted "Made in USA" (Surprise!) with an "REH" Trademark.
I scored though when I looked at the hose. It states: "600psi WP, 2200 Burst, For Carbon Dioxide, Nitrogen, and Air Only ... Canada ... REHVAC MFG. 1-800-856-5668.

Let me know if you get more info. and/or a cheaper source! There's alot of interest in my neck of the woods (ROBERTK) and is a great item to put in your off-road arsenal.
SC

Back