• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alternator rebuilders in South King Co?

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Have one on the way out. Was either going to get a new one or have someone local rebuild it. Any reputable alternator folks around that you've used?

I have used R &L in Bellevue/Redmond for at least 20 years and they have been EXCELLENT!!

R & L Repair 1407 132nd Ave NE Bellevue, WA 98005-2259 (425) 454-6172

Much better than new and they can do it quick as well as over rated, smaller pulley's etc.

Michael

90exjay said:
Evergreen auto electric in federal way rewinds them,can't remember the address, but thats who we send our customers to.

Sean

Talked to my Uncle and that's who he's used for years. Going to give them a shot. Thanks!

Romaine Electric Washington
8811 S. 208th St.
Kent, Wa. 98032
Phone: 800-426-5005
Fax: 425-264-0488

Haven't had much experience with them lately but sold them for over 30 years in my father's auto parts business in Seattle. Very few defective units. They usually just supply rebuilt units and you turn in your core but if you have something unique they will rebuild it for you. Used to be wholesale only which shouldn't be a problem through your store. Like many others they may be selling now to everything from distributors to retail customers. Apparently they've also moved as the main factory used to be in Seattle on Airport Way.

Avanteone said:
Scott @ The Rebuilder on Central in Kent. 253-854-0671. Typically $35-50 ish for rebuild. Tell him I sent you down there. Same day turn around too.

J

Thanks for all the suggestions... Went to The Rebuilder after calling them. They had a good core on the shelf. I chose to go for a full rebuild instead of just brushes. In 2.5 hours, including sitting in afternoon crosstown Kent traffic, I had a fullly rebuilt alt and was out the door under a hundred bucks. Excellent folks to deal with and I supported a local guy. :D

We're pumping juice again. Thanks! :cheers:

ECKSJAY said:
Thanks for all the suggestions... Went to The Rebuilder after calling them. They had a good core on the shelf. I chose to go for a full rebuild instead of just brushes. In 2.5 hours, including sitting in afternoon crosstown Kent traffic, I had a fullly rebuilt alt and was out the door under a hundred bucks. Excellent folks to deal with and I supported a local guy. :D

We're pumping juice again. Thanks! :cheers:

Good deal. Scott has done work for me for 10 years and I've NEVER had a problem /w anything he's done.

Avanteone said:
Good deal. Scott has done work for me for 10 years and I've NEVER had a problem /w anything he's done.

I knew of him and knew he did good work, but never knew exactly where he was or what the shop name was. :D

Back