• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just put some monroe Sence-A-Track's on...

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
I was hoping for a big difference after putting on some new shocks but Im not feeling it. To be honest my cherokee rides kind of like crap which Im bummed about. It does feel a little better than it did with my old shocks though. What else should I look into besides shocks that might help? Its a stock 96 XJ 4.0 4X4 about 136K. Tires were just balanced about 2,000mi ago.

Thanks

Last edited:
Tires and air pressure have much more impact on ride than shocks, imo.

What air pressure are you running? Maybe a little bit worse fuel economy would be worth the better ride? Type and dimensions of tire are also very important.

The tires are the ones that the previous owner had on the jeep. Ill post what exactly they are after work, I don't know off hand. They are just a street tire, they have no real "meat" to them. I will be replacing the tires probably in March-ish, I will be due then, not much tread left. I run them at 30-31 cold PSI and I just got my lowest MPG since I have had the jeep--just under 16 MPG

Thanks

I think you'll find that some new tires will make all the diference in the world. There's just something about crappy old worn out tires that makes for a bad ride.

Back