• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hey PA guys...

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if the e-brake handle needs to be functional to pass state inspection? The stupid button flew out of it and I don't have the time to fix it. I can see the garage charging me a good bit to replace it. It's due the end of the month :rolleyes:

Depends where you go. None of my emergency brakes have ever worked, handle moved up and down but didn't lock the rear wheels. Mine always passed. Technically it should work, not sure why the inspectors didn't bother me about it though?:dunno:

i don't know how far you are from mountain top? but i highly doubt they check it anyway. I do know that if you have a problem and aren't far from here i'll get ya hooked up now they check the gas cap for emissions and the rest is never bothered with at least where i go.. he always asks me how's the brakes...haha like i'd tell him bad even if they were

the jeep i have now is the only one that has a working e-brake but its on its way out. i wouldnt worry to much, worse comes to worse just put a screw in its place! haha
-Keep Jeepin

As a PA inspection mechanic, I can tell you I rarely check e-brakes because most people don't use them and the one time I do it will be seized up and break something and I will get stuck having to fix that. Technically yes it does have to work for inspection, but chances are it will not get tested. Where in PA are you?

Back