• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who has 32's on 2" lift?

lllkklkklll

NAXJA Forum User
I know both 31's and 32's will fit with proper trimming and bumstoppage..

But here's the deal.. I currently have a home made 2" lift, 31's on stock rims. Next time I get tires (this spring) I am going to get some 4.5" offset reems to move those tires away from the control arms. A little trimming might be necessary but thats fine. Now, I'd like to go with 32" MTR's if I can get away with it, so I have a larger contact patch, as long as I dont have to change bumpstops. I love how much it flexes right now and I think limiting the flex is a bad thing... Does anyone run 32's on 2"? Should I go with 32's or 31's?

If you have any pics please post up.

jeepbd6.jpg

old jeep had 31's, 2" bb with minor trimming, they rubbed occasionally but it wasn't too bad

greybackrampcw2.jpg

greyfrontny8.jpg

3" lift, 31's no trimming, just barely rubs when completely stuffed. Also brake lines are tight when completely flexed. I'd say with alot of trimming you might be able to get away with 32's and 2"

sorry these are the best pics i have at work :/ there are some nice fender trimming write ups on here tho. just do a search

To keep from replacing bump stops a lot of trimming is needed to keep from rubbin.
another option is a wider 31 on offset wheels, should keep your flex the same and more surface area on the ground

Oh don't know if it makes much a differance but i am completely disconnected in both bottom pics. Didn't come with a rear sway bar and i dont have the front connected. with it still connected my old one didnt flex quite as much which meant a little less rubbing

I say do it. I run 32s on a 3" lift. Crimp the bottom edge of the LCAs so the tire doesn't catch on the lip. Do some trimming, and you'll be fine. Bumpstops will help the fender flares to stay on the vehicle! My rear end is only at like 2" of lift (sagging) and the 32s only rub when flexing, as far as I can tell. But since when I'm flexing I'm not moving fast, it doesn't make any annoying noises!

tigerShark said:
i rub when i turn sharply. 31's on 2", no trim.

Are you rubbing on the LCAs? You can space out the steering lock stops with a washer or two to stop the rubbing. Aftermarket tube LCAs or WJ LCAs also avoid that rubbing.

stoneattic said:
Are you rubbing on the LCAs? You can space out the steering lock stops with a washer or two to stop the rubbing. Aftermarket tube LCAs or WJ LCAs also avoid that rubbing.

You can also bend the stock ones in such a way that they'll rub less. less backspacing in the wheels is what really fixes it. Or you could run wheel spacers...but they're about the same price as a new set of black steel wheels.

mjma said:
You can also bend the stock ones in such a way that they'll rub less. less backspacing in the wheels is what really fixes it. Or you could run wheel spacers...but they're about the same price as a new set of black steel wheels.

But bending the stock ones out of the way weaken an already kinda weak LCA. The stock LCAs get their strength from their geometry. If you flatten the lower lip in the middle to clear the tires you created a weak spot for the LCA to fold. I'm not saying that it's going to instantly fold on you but it will be weaker than stock.

stoneattic said:
But bending the stock ones out of the way weaken an already kinda weak LCA. The stock LCAs get their strength from their geometry. If you flatten the lower lip in the middle to clear the tires you created a weak spot for the LCA to fold. I'm not saying that it's going to instantly fold on you but it will be weaker than stock.

I agree, it will be a little bit weaker. But as long as you keep the metal in tack, like don't cut it, just bend it in on itself, it should keep enough structural integrity to not fall apart. Mine have been fine for almost two years. I first pinched the bottom bend in so that the tires couldn't catch on that lip and chunk up. Then I bent and banged the whole area back a bit.

I'm not saying that this is an ideal setup for strength of the LCAs, but I haven't had any problems with it as of yet. The bottoms of my LCAs are completely mangled and bent...and they still do their job. I also have an extra set...just incase, but I've never used them.

In short, yeah, it'll be a tiny bit weaker, but IMO, the reduction in strengh is negligable. Should get you by until you can afford real LCAs or long arms!! I know it's probably saved a couple of chunks from coming out of my tires!!

Maybe I should get 31x11.5's? Who makes a good MTR in that size? Also... Is 4" backspacing a problem and should I stick with 4.5? 4 would be nice...

unrealtrip said:
WTF is all this talk about bending back control arms? Just adjust your steering stops with a handful of washers.

That's what I said in an earlier post. Bending the LCAs just scares me. But what do I know, I'm only a mechanical engineer. :)

stoneattic said:
That's what I said in an earlier post. Bending the LCAs just scares me. But what do I know, I'm only a mechanical engineer. :)
Totally agree, I'm also an ME... well almost, still working on it. It may not be much, but that little lip does provide lateral support. :)

then extending the steering stops on the axle shouldn't make ya happy either.

all that extra force on the steering box...

I prefer the "don't turn it that far unless you REALLY REALLY have to" method.

that was part of the trickery I used runnin 36's on about 2.5" lift

CheapXJ said:
then extending the steering stops on the axle shouldn't make ya happy either.

all that extra force on the steering box...

I prefer the "don't turn it that far unless you REALLY REALLY have to" method.

that was part of the trickery I used runnin 36's on about 2.5" lift

It didn't, that's why I put some WJ LCAs on for a while. When I went from the 2" BB to the 4.5" lift the WJ LCAs were limiting droop so I put a set of tubular LCAs on. Problem solved.

Also, unlike you I'm only running 31s, not 36s, or whatever those monsters were on the cheep.

WTF, Ryan, are you following me around the forums? Stalker! :)

These are 33s on 2.5" lift with stock bumpstops:
Haspinflex.jpg

wholejeep.jpg

STUCK.jpg

DSC07549.jpg

I liked them, I was somewhat limited on flex, but it always got me where I wanted to go. The lift sagged, tires wore out & I got a deal on 32s, so now I run 32s on 2":
CRWrearbmprshackles.jpg

newbumper0107.jpg

Back