• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally, my dream has come true

KarlVP

NAXJA Forum User
dsc02924ci5.jpg

PLUS

dsc02925bv3.jpg

EQUALS

dsc02929kh3.jpg

dsc02926nc7.jpg

dsc02927ie8.jpg

I would have needed more beer to decide on a convertible in this state. I like the project though, keep us updated on the progress.

is that fifi's rig?

I recognise that sweater. don't know anyone else that would wear it.:D

J/K Fifo.

That’s half my rig; the other half is in the back of a truck ready to go to the recycler. We finished most of the chopping Saturday and started on the tub work last night. Karl and another friend of ours (Tom) are being nice enough to show me how it’s done since I’ve never bent tube before. There is going to be a full build up thread later this week when I have time to post some pics.

Oh, and that’s my “I don’t care what happens to it, but it sure is warm” sweater. When working around Karl and Tom you never know what will happen. Saturday I had a “Wardrobe malfunction”………

Just outta curiosity, what's the remaining body like at this point, I mean with so much of the unibody gone?

railroadjeep said:
Just outta curiosity, what's the remaining body like at this point, I mean with so much of the unibody gone?

Light, we estimate I've gained 2-3 inches of lift at the moment thanks to reduced weight. Though the tube will probably weigh more then the sheet metal taken off.

Actually as amazing as it may sound, most of what was bent on my rig was cut off, what’s left is for the most part strait, which was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't want to drive it around as is, since at the moment I think it really would fold up like a taco, but that will be taken care of by the role cage after it gets installed. I will be posting a full build up thread in the advanced fab section later in the week.

Oh, and Karl did some measuring and some fancy math and calculated that with my 5.5” lift and the wheel wells fully opened like they are I could clear 40” tires with out rubbing. Not that I have the money to do so, but I thought that was a fairly interesting little tid bit.

So was it hard to remove the header panel? :D

XJLaredo said:
So was it hard to remove the header panel? :D

When you don't want to keep it, everything comes off easy; you just need the right blade.

Anyways the build thread is up in the advanced section if anyone wants to check it out. there are more pictures and such there, plus you at home can follow along for the next few weeks, months, years how ever long it takes for me to finish this.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=905792

Jason-RJR said:
man, when i think dream come true theres alot more nudity involved, and im the only man in the room.

haha

X2 but replace room with jeep

Megawatt said:
I've been keeping tabs on that thread. It's looking good and you're making quick progress.

Thanks, but it sure doesn't feel quick when your baby is in someone else’s shop all cut into pieces. I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of next month. It would be fitting since that would be exactly one year after me and KarlVP rolled it out of my garage for the first time after installing the lift.

It has actually been going together easier then you would think. Of course what do you expect when the mentality is if it gets in your way, cut it out!

Back