• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new guy

cjguy

NAXJA Forum User
hi im new to this forum just wanted to say hi and ask if anybody on here is running full size ford running gear (hp44/9in) thats not cut down i just bought one with this combo and it is really wide i know some of it is the wheel and tire combo but was just wondering if i might be able to find some others and maybe some pics thanks

C:\Documents and Settings\Main\My Documents\My Pictures\pics001

wecome to the forum, and yea like mojojojo said, post your pics from photobucket.

That's a pretty mean lookin rig there boss. Any plans to cut that goofy stinger off? The stings makes me laugh, the truck makes me quiver with fear. In a manly sort of way. Either way, welcome. I doubt you'll find anyone with a D44/F9" combo around here.

I know santa is running full length's on his Cherokee, that thing is a monster.

Nice freakin' XJ by the way, how much did you pick that up for?

mojojojo said:
holy sheeeiate! thats one bad ass stinger! nice rig.

X2! that is very much a stinger! what size bias ply mickey t's? 38's?
that thing is huge!!!!!!

already cut the stinger off and took off the roof rack my tubbing bender should be here in the next week or so and i plan on building an exo cage and new smaller stinger i have some clean up to do from previous owners fab work but thats how it goes sometimes

i paid 1800 not running fixed that in 15 min, its got rustys 9in lift, 38.5 x 16's on a 15inch fast beadlock wheel thats 12inch wide, 4.0, and aw4 auto, 44hp front with longer radius arms, and a 9inch in the rear,

Either you're 8ft tall or that's a mini truck. The angle doesn't do it justice. Gnarly lookin truck though. Killer deal, is that guy selling anything else? :). The axles/wheels/tires are worth that much. Just out of curiousity, how's it flex with 9 inches of lift?

cjguy said:
already cut the stinger off and took off the roof rack my tubbing bender should be here in the next week or so and i plan on building an exo cage and new smaller stinger i have some clean up to do from previous owners fab work but thats how it goes sometimes

I'm gonna have to say NAY to an exo in the PNW. all they cause is problems.

PS. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

With a reasonably sized tire (not 16" ;) ) there is no reason you can't run full width axles with a less off set wheel and be very close to the normal width of the stock axles and aftermarket rims.

I don't know the kind of wheeling you do, but for most of us up here that is going to be way too wide on anything other than snow. I would change the wheels and tires to a 37x12.5 or similar with a minimum off set wheel. Then you should be set.

Enjoy the project and keep us posted.
Michael

2xtreme said:
With a reasonably sized tire (not 16" ;) ) there is no reason you can't run full width axles with a less off set wheel and be very close to the normal width of the stock axles and aftermarket rims.

I don't know the kind of wheeling you do, but for most of us up here that is going to be way too wide on anything other than snow. I would change the wheels and tires to a 37x12.5 or similar with a minimum off set wheel. Then you should be set.

Enjoy the project and keep us posted.
Michael

x2 I was thinking the same thing last night as some point or another.

That's a mean looking cherokee. Wow. Interesting at the same time.

I used to run fullwidth ford D44/9" combo with 14.5" wide tires. My body suffered more than it needed to because of it as well. I'm building a new jeep with full width again(D44/D60 combo instead this time) and I will be choosing a wheel with more back spacing and a tire in either the 12.5 or 13.5 flavor. Stock Hummer H2 rims should pull your tires in to a more reasonable width, however if your running the straight ford radius arms your steering WILL force the tires into the arms, you can use steer stops on the knuckles, but you wont be able to turn enough on the trails. I would say pick up a set of Cage Offroad(based out of St.Helens Oregon) Ford radius arms for clearance and you won't have to modify your axle. You will have to build a cross member to hold the heim joint though.
Anyway, nice jeep. See you on the trail(if I ever finish mine).

-Kevin

Back