• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar links

racr991

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
Im finishing off putting on a 3in lift. Ive broke both of the front sway bar end links and since its a daily driver I would like to keep them. (I know I can drive it without but humor me) Has anyone interchanged off a different vehicle for longer links? Any help or ideas would be great.
Randy

why not get discos? I've got the RE gen2 discos on mine (also snapped the bolts removing the links, btw). a bit more money, but if you're going to do it in the future.. why not now? the discos with the RE 3.5 XJ kit are the same ones they sell for a TJ with 0-2" of lift, so you can look for somebody selling them. I'd suggest the new JKS discos, or the RE Gen2 discos.

you could grind the “bolt part” off flat and weld a grade 8 bolt on it. I used a small section of pipe for a spacer. Or you could use a jam nut.
I needed mine in a hurry to pass the German inspection, couldn’t wait for mail order and the German dealers are way expensive compared to the states. This was free for me but If your going to spend money on them then go ahead and get the discos.
23_Jan_022.jpg

oh, and just fyi. the bolt that connect the bottom of the link to the axle mount... is a pain. it's pressed into the mount, and doesn't like to come out. we had to drill them out.

whatevah said:
oh, and just fyi. the bolt that connect the bottom of the link to the axle mount... is a pain. it's pressed into the mount, and doesn't like to come out. we had to drill them out.

i broke mine also....and when i went to the junk yard to replace them I actually found well all sorts of different things....i broke like 4 more...but only one of them did i find that bottom bolt to be pressed in. so i'm guessing that they are different for certain jeeps....i also found that there are different lengths

Back