• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 xj passanger window will go down but not up??

Dobbe1

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. So I wired a component system in my xj... Everything was ok untill I noticed
I couldn't get my passanger window to go up... I mean, It will go down. But not up.. So... I broke out the 12v tester and tested the switch and some of the leads. Then I tested the motor with 12v.... Guess what? It went up. Ok keep in mind that the master window control will not ever make the passanger window come up. I don't understand. The regulator is fine, the motor is fine, and the switch is fine.... Please somebody help!Also does anybody have a wiring diagram and a fuse layout for this?

My 97 is doing something similar, sometimes the passenger switch will roll it up, sometimes only down. The drivers switch will move it both directions all the time.
I have noticed pressing the window lock button repeatedly will make it work again from the passenger seat. It would be nice to know if that lock switch passes the motor current through its contacts or just interupts a relay.

Try working your window lock switch a few times.

Oh ok.. wait I forgot to add something. This also has been messing with my door locks also. They would unlock but not lock on the passanger side. Now I think I blew the fuse in the door locks, so they now they don't work at all. That is a good reason why I need a fuse diagram because the fuse box is not labeled and I don't have a owners book. I just don't undrstand why it would do this all of a sudden?! The only thing I did prior, was take the door panel off the replace the speakers. If It isn't one thing, its another.

Back