• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTH is this Plug-in???

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what this pigtail is for? Where it's supposed to go?
Thanks in advance guys.... It's a two prong female.
100_0722.jpg

100_0724.jpg

i have one of those too. i kinda just tucked it back behind the other bundle of wires. hasnt bothered me since. i dont have cruise control.

I'm sure it came with one. I have a 90 Laredo. Just a light that comes on when you open the hood. It may have been removed??

i dont have a light under my hood. wish i did. but still that plug remains. think ill plug a light into it now.

89 pioneer, (base mode) didn't have it but my 89 Laredo.parts jeep has it!:wave1:

Flash.

i got my hood light off a 92 laredo...its sweet. no buttons or anyhting just gravity operated switch. bulb down itss on bulb up its off. so it shuts off when you close the hood

Pretty positive it's the hood light. I actually prefer NOT to use mine....no need in it staying on one day when i shut the hood (as they like to do) and leaving me with a dead battery the next morning.

Matthew Currie said:
Hood light for sure. If you don't trust me, check it with a test light. Hood light circuit is 12 volt + live all the time.
Oh I believe you, just curious, cause I've seen no mounting holes or anything for a light....

Back