• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu Shocks

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you guys are running the OME Shocks for 3.5"-4.5" of lift? I'm looking into a set but I just want to ask arround and see if they're worth the extra money. I do close to 2K road miles a month and normally I wheel it every chance I get but I've beat the piss outa the suspension so I haven't really wheeled it lately.

So far the 2 people I've talked to have said they ride great and are great off-road& flex well.

YUP!! Best shocks ever! on and off road. Ride is excellent!!

1zd96df.jpg

I really like my OMEs. At first I ran the DT3000 that I bought with my RE 4.5" kit. They were much too spongy for me. I then switched to the OMEs and think they are a great combination of street and trail. I cut the "bells" off mine and when people see the size of the shaft, they are very amazed. I had a guy at a 4x4 shop comment "I bet those will never break". He didn't realize they were OME because the "bells" were removed.

DXJ said:
I really like my OMEs. At first I ran the DT3000 that I bought with my RE 4.5" kit. They were much too spongy for me. I then switched to the OMEs and think they are a great combination of street and trail. I cut the "bells" off mine and when people see the size of the shaft, they are very amazed. I had a guy at a 4x4 shop comment "I bet those will never break". He didn't realize they were OME because the "bells" were removed.
Why'd you cut the bells off? Just wondering because I keep getting pebbles and stuff caught up there and have been thinking of doing the same.

Thayer said:
Why'd you cut the bells off? Just wondering because I keep getting pebbles and stuff caught up there and have been thinking of doing the same.

I had cheap set of shocks on an older 4x4 that kept getting mud packed up in there. I can't imagine how, but it did it. When I got my OMEs I cut the bells off and painted them gray. I hate places that collect crud and I hate brightly colored suspension parts.

I too have the short arms at 5" but the OMEs are still a ton better than the DT3000s with this combo.

Back