• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hi-tec retread air pressure question

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
for those running the hi-tec retreads,what air pressure should I run in the tires for max tread life? the majority of my time is spent on road,i know I can air them down to wheel if i need to,just wondering what the best pressure is onroad to make them last as long as possible. thanks,Ben

honestly i think it depend on how much cargo(weight) you carry, know matter what bran, new or recaped.

I know that BFG alltearan don't like the standered pressure. if you you keep them at 32 psi.......thay will leave you with tons of thread on the out side and a drag slick in the center of the tire.

flash.

dspilot said:
Does that mean I should run my BFG ATs at alower pressure?

Depend on the weight you are caring. Buy a tire depth gauge(if you what till you notice with our eye's it's usually to late!)and check them every 3 to 10,000 miles, when you are rotating them and you will finned the sweet spot.

on a XJ i would probably start around 28 and go from there. If you are pulling some thing or hauling something heavy......... don't forget that your tires are low in psi and air them up to the pressure on the tires spec on the side wall.

Tire ware/air pressure will also depend on tire with and how wide........or skinny the rim is.

The tires on my diesel are a 80 psi tire, but i run 65 up from(heavy diesel) and 55 psi in the rear(empty bed). But when i tow my jeep with it, the rear gos up to 70 psi.

Flash

I see. I have 30x9.50s. They are on 8 inch wheels. They do look a little high centerd. I believe I am running 32 psi. I am gonna try 28 and see. the tires only have about 500 miles on em. Thanks for the heads up.

dspilot said:
I see. I have 30x9.50s. They are on 8 inch wheels. They do look a little high centerd. I believe I am running 32 psi. I am gonna try 28 and see. the tires only have about 500 miles on em. Thanks for the heads up.

Get a depth gauge(any tire store will sell or even give ya one) and play around with it. you'll have a hi milage BFG.:thumbup: :D

cjben said:
for those running the hi-tec retreads,what air pressure should I run in the tires for max tread life? the majority of my time is spent on road,i know I can air them down to wheel if i need to,just wondering what the best pressure is onroad to make them last as long as possible. thanks,Ben

Ive got 31" Hi tec retreads on my YJ. I think Im running about 30 in them but like others have said, it depends on the weight of your Jeep and the size of the tire. Just run the same PSI in the retreads as you do in a virgin tire.

Back