• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd Not Engaging, sometimes

akennedy99

NAXJA Forum User
So I got the np242 and the only time the 4wd light comes on is in Full time. In part time high and low the light does not come on. Why is this happening? anyone got any experience?

Thanks,
Alex

So only the green light that says "Full time" comes on?

Maybe the bulb for the "Part Time" light is burnt out.

Put it down into 4-low, and make a tight turn on pavement, if it starts to buck a bit in the steering wheel, you know it's working.

Ok now both the lights are out. is there a sensor that I should be looking to replace?

On the np242 is there any way the 4wd can not engage. be faulty. It seems to me that the front axle is always engaged and when the transfer case engages into 4wd the system should be engaged.

It feels as if the 4wd has been working properly in the snow so I think its good, but This is annoying and I want to fix it.

Thanks,
Alex

My 90 also has the same problems. NP242 t-case, (mechanically) everything works fine, but the bulb will sometimes flicker. It's not a huge deal but it is kind of annoying. I'll usually wiggle the shifter a bit and it might or might not flicker.
As long as everything mechanically works I'm happy, but I would like to fix the flickering bulb thing so if you come across any info post it up!

Back