• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know how to test this relay?

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
96 cherokee 4.0 4X4 ABS relay chrysler #2795 relay also has 56006771 on it. Napa wants 40 bucks for it so I figured I would try to test it before possibly throwing 40 bucks away

Thanks

This should be it.
RY91.jpg

In the above describe relay.

For the not so technically inclined. Using some sort of continuity tester (light, sound, VOM), apply leads across 3 & 4. You should get a reaction from your test device. If not the contacts are bad. Leads across 6 & 7, no reaction from device. Now apply 12V DC across 1 & 2. Shouldn't really matter on polarity. If you hear a click then it's working. If you don't hear a click then reverse the leads. If you hear a click then it working. If you don't hear a click then the coil is shot. Once you hear the click, apply your test device across 3 & 4. The test device should do nothing. Apply the test device across 6 & 7. The test device should make an indication. If not the contacts are bad.

Back