• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baby Jeeper Momma BEGGING for Help!

smASHLEY

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I have received a few messages asking about things that I could use... OTHER then specific baby stuff (because I know guys don't have diapers lying around your house **unless you're wearing them** its not a likely find) I COULD really use some help with finishing touches of my Jeep, as some of you know I was in a car accident in June.

This might be SOMETHING you might actually be able to help out with! :)

THINGS I NEED FOR MY '90 XJ:
Bolts for my bumper
Cross Member
Oil Pan
Harmonic Balancer

***If you get any of these parts PLEASE let me know what I owe you, thank you for keeping an eye out for me, I really appreciate it.***

THINGS I NEED ADJUSTED/FIXED/ATTACHED:
(Things listed above)
Bumper
Motor Mount
(My running lights **blinkers** do not work)

And one strange thing about my Jeep, whenever I sit at a red light its as though I get rear-ended and it kicks forward **NO NO ONE is behind me**, but this is concerning.

:flipoff: THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING OUT! :flipoff:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=243376824#post243376824

Slammer101 aka smASHLEY (more affectioningly known) :compwork:

Last edited:
Hey Ashley,

I do not have the parts you are looking for, but I will offer up my garage and tools to use for a work party to help you.

I know you need these items done ASAP and I know you are getting to a point where you won't be able to drive for a few weeks.

We need to find the parts, then set a date for the work party. You can leave your Jeep in my garage for a few days for us to get it all done.

So, anyone going to a junkyard soon or have any of these items available?

Who else can help and when?

I know Super Bowl is next weekend, so maybe the weekend after??

Let me know when.
Hardware isn't a problem, at least the nuts and bolts of things. I'd suggest using my garage, but thats kind of a haul, but still an option.
I seem to believe there are a few 'collectors' of Cherokees in this group, I would guess that all those parts could be found at thier places. ;)
Blinkers are probably not a big deal to fix.....probably....
I'll be outta' here for the next couple of weekends after the Super Bowl and maybe even a bit longer. But if I can help....I'll be there.
Rick

smASHLEY said:
Well, I have received a few messages asking about things that I could use... OTHER then specific baby stuff (because I know guys don't have diapers lying around your house **unless you're wearing them** its not a likely find) I COULD really use some help with finishing touches of my Jeep, as some of you know I was in a car accident in June.

This might be SOMETHING you might actually be able to help out with! :)

Bolts for my bumper
Cross Member
Oil Pan
Harmonic Balancer

***If you get any of these parts PLEASE let me know what I owe you, thank you for keeping an eye out for me, I really appreciate it.***

THINGS I NEED ADJUSTED/FIXED/ATTACHED:
(Things listed above)
Bumper
Motor Mount
(My running lights **blinkers** do not work)

And one strange thing about my Jeep, whenever I sit at a red light its as though I get rear-ended and it kicks forward **NO NO ONE is behind me**, but this is concerning.

:flipoff: THANK YOU GUYS FOR HELPING OUT! :flipoff:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=243376824#post243376824

Slammer101 aka smASHLEY (more affectioningly known) :compwork:

Bolts for my bumper (got them)
Cross Member
Oil Pan (got it)
Harmonic Balancer (got it just need to pull it)

Ill try and pull the balancer and get the stuff down your way in the next few weeks

I have a cross member (what year is your Jeep).

And I'm sure I can scrounge up the bolts for the front bumper. (Do you need the bolts for the bracket to the bumper or bracket to the body?)

What day next week can I swing by to drop them off/possibly install them?

I don't know if its too far out for you, but if you gather up the parts I'll host a work party Feb 10. I'll supply some pizza's, probalby some beer and some airtools..

smASHLEY's Jeep runs, makes noise as the fan hits, but it runs! :) I think she should meet with Mike or ?someone? to make sure she's got the part list down. One important thing you forgot Ashley is:

Anchor for the baby seat! Any ideas for this anyone?

Lady XJ said:

Does she still have that bumper in the back of it?

yes blinkers are Probably an easy fix, though if there are any other electrical issues, i'm an electronics technician by trade, so i'm more than willing to be of assistance - wherever the work party is held - just not at my place because i have my SJ hogging up all the space *those things are flippin HUGE* ...i'll chip in for the beer and pizza too - as long as there's some Miller Lite :D

Lady XJ said:
When I put my daughters car seat in, I first kneel on it to put some weight down on it and then click it in. As for an anchor, I took a ratcheting strap and hooked it from one mount of the back seat to the other (across the back at the bottom of the seat) and tighten it tight. I then take the top anchor strap from the car seat over the back seat and attach it to the middle of the strap....works perfectly and the seat doesn’t move and inch. I can take pics if need be.

Hope this helps,
- Joe

OK gang,

Ashley really needs some help. The baby will be here within the next few weeks.

I am looking at hosting the work part at my house in Lake Forest on saturday, Feb.10th. I have an air compressor, jack and stands, and a decent arrangement of tools.

I will star a new post as well, please reply there.

Back