• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how bout this axle??

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
Wow.. those axles look seized up ! They are not the best axles to put under a XJ.. how about a ford 8.8 out of a exploder ? 95+ have the disc brakes

Agree, if I hadn't found such a good deal on my Dana 44 I would have gotten one out of an Exploder.

having said that, what I really want is a spidertrax "Spider 9" with a True Hi9 center. But thats more then just a little money.

wishihad1 said:
well ive been searching for a dana 44 from a cherokee from a while, and have concluded theyre all gone

you didnt look very hard. i found two in one week for amazing prices. there are tons of them out there. they can be found under 87-89 xjs. although not all of these years had them, and there doesnt seem to be a rule of thumb to go by, there were plenty of XJs around back then. i have one from a 87 and one from an 88. paid $85 for one and $250 for the other.

# XJs built:
1987 - 139,295
1988 - 187,136
1989 - 207,216

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
you didnt look very hard. i found two in one week for amazing prices. there are tons of them out there. they can be found under 87-89 xjs. although not all of these years had them, and there doesnt seem to be a rule of thumb to go by, there were plenty of XJs around back then. i have one from a 87 and one from an 88. paid $85 for one and $250 for the other.

# XJs built:
1987 - 139,295
1988 - 187,136
1989 - 207,216

-Tim

Dude, you are a god! If I found one for $85 I would buy it just to sale on craigslist. A local 4x4 shop in this area wants $700 for one of those! usually they sale for ~$500 on craigslist.

FiFo said:
Dude, you are a god! If I found one for $85 I would buy it just to sale on craigslist. A local 4x4 shop in this area wants $700 for one of those! usually they sale for ~$500 on craigslist.

i had already bought the one for $250 from a private seller and decided to hit up a local pull-a-part to see what i could find and there was a 88 cherokee pioneer sittin there mostly stripped with a dana 44 chillaxin under neath it. i grabbed my tools and pulled it on the spot. they charged me for a "axle assembly with drums" it goin in the brothers comanche soon :)

-Tim

Back