• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rocky road mj lift

The front of an MJ is the same as an XJ, so you can do it as a seperate kit. Depending on how high you want to go will be the key for the front.
The back of the Rocky road looks like a bolt on SOA. To me, that doesnt seem very safe. If you want to go soa, get some new perches and weld them on. Will be a lot stronger, and also eliminate that bolt plate thing on the bottom.
Basicly, Im saying look elsewhere. That and Rocky Road has a rather "rocky" reputation.

Wow that kit was scary. A 6" shortarm lift with a creepy bolt on SOA setup? Run away.

There's a reason almost everyone with a calm demeaner and a post count over 500 suggests the same handfull of kits, and there is a reason those kits all cost more.

You get what you pay for.

akamcbird said:
boy u guys should be in sales
ill probly be going with the rubicon express 5.5"
my hier $ choice
Might I sujest you maybe look at TnT for their long arm kit.
Arguably the best long arm on the market right now. (stir stir)

Oh Boy

I probably should not say this with all the NAXJA gods reading.. But what the heck
For the rear there is nothing wrong with this product.
I used the RR bolt on spring perch setup and it has worked perfectly for me.
It is in my opinion it’s well designed and yes bolt on, it locks into the welded perches so it will not move, falloff or do anything different than factory U bolts.
Allows you to simply reuse the factory lower shock mounts but you save a couple inches due to the SOA
Why did I get them well I liked the idea and the simplicity of popping it on and they are about 10” long so they provide a good platform for the spring to help with axel wrap
Now they can of course be welded on the axel just like any perch and they are very thick ¼” steel, very well made so if you don’t want to bolt them on you can weld them of course, I didn’t see the need at this time as I will get a 44 soon then I will weld them
(As a note they will need to be clearance to fit the larger tube of the 44)
As for any of the other RR ideas on the Comanche lift well that’s not the way to go
On the front lift you should get the above suggested equipment without question
I built my front lift with different brands; I used RE adj lowers and sway bar discos
Custom upper arms and PORC springs
Down the road I want to get TNT long arm setup (of course

Back