• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bout to go with SYE, but have a question

waxer

JEEP APPRENTICE
Staff member
NAXJA Member
Got 6" of lift on this thing, bout to order the AA HD SYE kit and driveline from High Angle Driveline.

92 XJ, 231, Command Trac, Jeep has approx 160k miles on it. Was wondering if it would be a smart idea to replace the chain at the same time. I'm sure the jeep has seen very few miles in 4wd. If there were ever any miles in 4wd driven. I've owned it since 99k and I have not used 4wd very much at all.

So if I were to guess, looking at how it looked when I got it, I'd say there was maybe 500 miles or less while in 4wd.

Think a new chain would be needed or wise to be swapped out?

I wouldnt bother.

The only reason for a chain to go bad is if it is streached... and that only happens in High traction areas with high stress to the front driveline...

Yah thats what I was figuring too, especially with the limited amount of 4wd time.

Thanks

XJ_ranger said:
I wouldnt bother.

The only reason for a chain to go bad is if it is streached... and that only happens in High traction areas with high stress to the front driveline...

Or,, if you run it without lubricant..
yes, I found that out..:D

Back