• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE and driveshaft questions

KyletheJeepguy

NAXJA Forum User
I'll start off by saying I'm a beginner in lift installation and mechanics. I've put a 4 inch lift on a wrangler and that's about it. I need a SYE and cv driveshaft for my 98 xj (as I was told by everyone on here) so my question is should I attempt it myself or is that a job for the pros? I'm mediocre when it comes to mechanics and I dont want to mess up my new rig I just picked up on sunday. Thanks.

I vote do it yourself. SYE mods are pretty easy, just follow instructions. Hardest part is keeping the oil pump pick-up engaged as you put the pump back on. remove the tcase if you can, much easier on the bench, though my first one was done on the XJ, so it can be done installed. Not often mentioned is a visual inspection of a few parts when it's open. Like the nylon tabs on the shift and mode forks, and chain condition. Perfect time to fix warn parts while it's in several peices.
Good luck.

Back