• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hobart TigMate

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have an opinion on this: http://www.hobartwelders.com/products/Tigmate.html
I found a guy locally that has one new (used once) for a decient price. Is this a decient Tig machine to start off with for home use? My dad and I are always working on some project and the Tig would be right at home in our garage. We hardly ever weld anything over 1/4" and if something bigger than 1/4" needs to be done, I can take it to work and do it on the big Esab machine we have there. The materials I can forsee us welding are mild steel no thicker than 1/4", aluminum 3/16" thick, and stainless up to 1/8" thick. Should I wait and save my lunch money for something bigger like a Syncrowave 180 or Precision Tig 185?

Thanks,

AARON

I've used this welder and i like it. Granted you will be spending the majority of your money on comsumables for the machine over the years (Tungsten electrode, SMAW electrode, filler metals, gas, collets, ceramic cups, and so on) As long as you realize once you buy it, there are a lot of comsumables you will always have to buy! I'd say go for it!

Back