• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift Q's for 98 xl ????need help????

stoneyva21

NAXJA Forum User
i'am looking to put a 3" lift on my 98 xj. i'am looking at the rubicon express 2.5 front coils and rear block, rough country 3" with add a leaf, and the rustys 3" with add a leaf. i'am not looking for a super expensive kit, i do alil off roading. i'am a downhill mountain biker and want a truck to take me back up to the top alil easier.i also would like to stand out alil more in the stuffy city (gotta let the neck shine thru!). i live in the dc metro area, so i have to get a good ride quality out of it! i was also wondering if i could run 31x10.50 on the stock rims? i was also wondering about longer brake lines, will i need them? i have also heard something about using s-10 srings to get 3" of lift is that poss. and how well does it work.

Yeah I got myself some rear s-10 springs, they would appear to give maybe 2 or 3 inches of lift based on comparing to stock xj spring...but I'm not totally sure how I will put them on...the length is almost bang on (within half inch) but the bolt n nut on the bottom isn't in the right spot. I was considering using a mild lift shackle and a small lift block to bring total lift up to 4 inches needed to match the front springs I have. Hey, while I'm asking questions in response to questions, how bout this one: I was told by a local 4x4 shop that the front of an xj can be lifted 4 inches by replacing springs, shocks, swaybar links and brake hoses....so thats it? trac bar is ok for 4 inches?

thanks....sorry for hijacking your thread but I read it and realized I had questions along the same lines

Back