• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless Entry Question

DanDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001 XJ Limited with Remote Keyless Entry. When the unlock button on the fob is pressed all the doors and the rear hatch unlock together. In the New Vehicle Preparation section of the FSM it discusses an option where by pressing the unlock button once only the driver door unlocks and by pressing the button twice the rest of the doors unlock. Portions of the FSM section appear to be generic and not specifically applicable to XJ. Does any one know if this unlock sequence ( once for drivers door - twice for all doors) is available for the 2001 XJ and if so how I can reprogram? The FSM says to do it with DRBIII scan tool which of course I do not have.

Thanks

I'm not sure if it's possible on an XJ, but i know on the newer Jeeps you have to hold down certain buttons at certain times to reprogram it. But I don't think it's possible in the newer XJ's....but I could be wrong.

You know, press these two buttons, stand on your right leg, wink 4 times, that sorta thing.

DanDXJ said:
In the New Vehicle Preparation section of the FSM it discusses an option where by pressing the unlock button once only the driver door unlocks and by pressing the button twice the rest of the doors unlock.

AFAIK, the only thing that can be changed with respect to the keyless entry's behaviour is whether the horn honks or not when you lock the vehicle.

Back