• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you identify this skid plate?

no_gamecocks

NAXJA Forum User
I just got this gas tank skid from a fellow XJ owner who couldn't remember its original manufacturer. It sort of more resembles a TJ skid with its fore and aft mounting points. The front has a couple of tubular things welded. Is that for a J-hook or something? Can anyone ID it so maybe I can figure out how it goes on?
mysteryskid.jpg

I have one I do not know who makes it as I pulled it off a wreck
I do know how it goes on.... the little tubes slide up on the stock strap bolts that hold the tank
just position it on those bolts and throw a washer and another nut on to secure it. the rear of it bolts through stock holes in the lip of the unibody
just behind the rear bumper. I can not remember how many hole were in the skid but a I drilled a third and bolted it in three spots along the rear lip
just hold it up under the tank you will see how it goes
It it a very easy install if you remove the rear bumper first I would sugest that.

oH yeah some myself included are not cracy about how it mounts but it is east to pull if needed And yes it takes a good beating have had zero problems with it. It is hard to complain when stuff is free

YUP... it's an early model Tomken. I have one. Look at the front of your gas tank (side facing the engine) and you'll quickly understand how the "tubular things" function.

BTW they work very well...

Thanks guys. I had a feeling it was an "early model" of something since there was no brand name laser cut into it. It'll certainly be better than the factory plastic. Oh... it wasn't free, but pretty cheap compared to the cost of new.

Last edited:
Back