• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this? Where does it go?

akennedy99

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I took off my bumper and grille becuase my brother crashed my Jeep, what an idiot, thats another story. But now I don't know what this thing is and don't know where it goes. It comes out from right behind the right headlamp and pressure canister thingy. Can someone Help me?

P1230074.jpg

P1230070.jpg

See the two big oval holes (right below the grill). It mounts in the center one. There is just a bracket and a bolt holding it. Hard to tell about the mount, mine is different (1990). But basically, just get it to sit up there any way possible (its just a thermometer).

Glad to help. I am 99% sure that's what it is, however, it does look significantly different than the one on my 90. So double check and everything.... but yeah, you should be fine.

I guess a simply way to confirm....you do have the compass/temp option right? and if so, it should not be displaying a temp if you unplug it.

Back