• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslamerman

NAXJA Forum User
You know, I have been through hell with these guys, and I thought Id post it up. My experience starts with purchasing a kit from a gentleman that never used it, nor did he even unbox it from the original packaging. I get what I think is a deal, and low and behold, 8 packages later (long arm extreme duty 5.5 kit), no upper arms. I talk to the gentleman I bought it from , and after finding the original shipping order (with matching number of packages and weights within 2 pounds!!), he is told tough. I dump this situation back in his lap, not wanting to get screwed (as the product was marketed to me to be complete), and suggest that he just deduct the cost of the arms from what I was going to pay him, and Ill just buy them (thinking stupidly that I would have recourse). Sooooooooooooooooooo.....long story short, I purchase the arms (throught a well respected vendor that everybody loves.................), and get a nice reciept in the mail thanking me for payment, but have no freakin idea if I will ever get the arms, becasue said vendor ducks my damn phonecalls, and wont give me a tracking number. On top of it all, I try (3 freakin times, and the last time I got MAD) to contact RE directly about it, but they REFUSE to supply me with a tracking number, or even confirm whether or not said item was shipped at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never again will I purchase an RE product, and the worst part was, they had a nice article coming in a major 4x4 publication of this kit installed in a Comanche (being fairly impressed with the inital build quality, and materials the kit was made of, compared to what the internet geeks say about it), and that WILL NEVER happen, at least not written by me, or represented by me. Worst of all, the company that sold me the product has let me down. I am attempting to give them time, but after 6 or 7 phone calls, you think theyd get their crap together. I hope the bumper that was built for me has better follow through................at least they supply tracking numbers for their own products................dammmmmmit. All done..........

Last edited:
So? You bought a kit from a second party, and never looked at the parts?

So what is your real complaint here? It has really nothing to do with you and RE directly, but the original buyer and RE.

How long ago was the LA kit purchased?

Jason-RJR said:
If he has the original shipping order and doesn't have the upper arms, have him contact RE and get the arms.

Sorry, finished story...........see above. Got angry halfway through and accidentally posted before I was through.

So you purchased the arms through another vendor, and are mad at Rubicon Express because they can't supply tracking info? It seems normal that they can't supply it since they didn't sell it to you, they sold it to your vendor. Kinda strict but probably smart.

File a fraud claim with your bank, get your money back, and buy the damn arms through me. Done.

I still see no reason to blame Rubicon Express

You are right, the company that sold you the UCA's let you down, NOT RE.

What Vendor is this? Someone one on JU? Someone here?

Its not RE's fault that this happened, mainly the company that you bought the products from. Should be a rant about that place instead.

I don't believe RE needs to give you any info on the ordered product at all, since it was not you who ordered them in the first place.

Jason-RJR said:
So you purchased the arms through another vendor, and are mad at Rubicon Express because they can't supply tracking info? It seems normal that they can't supply it since they didn't sell it to you, they sold it to your vendor. Kinda strict but probably smart.

File a fraud claim with your bank, get your money back, and buy the damn arms through me. Done.

I still see no reason to blame Rubicon Express

You know, I agree to a point. They can supply a damn tracking number, they just WONT.........it would have been drop shipped from them(and their just plain cocky, crappy attitude, you know what Im talking about). Id file a claim, except Id prefer to believe that a company as reputable as TNT would ship them (theyve been very nice, and have killer customer service as opposed to RE, with this exception). Im kinda lost as to why something this simple would provoke them into ducking my calls (gotten so bad that theyve answered, Hi Jason before!! Makes me feel kinda like crap, like Im bothering them, but Ive got to get this thing mobile again!!)

I guess I kinda feel like crap also, because I probably woulda bought their stuff, if this wasnt a deal (not much of a deal for this much trouble, huh!!?)

I dunno, to me worst case scenario is they're behind on their bill if they have a credit account with RE, and they've been put on stop shipment.

Another possibility is back order, but if that were the case, they should have told you right away.

CanMan said:
TnT shipped you the upper arms then?

Ordered through them, shoulda been drop shipped from RE, but cant get confimation of anything except a reciept for the charge. Like I said, Ive got a rear bumper coming tommorrrow, Ive got a tracking number for that (and that should be interesting, Im fitting it to a Comanche!!)

Jason-RJR said:
I dunno, to me worst case scenario is they're behind on their bill if they have a credit account with RE, and they've been put on stop shipment.

Another possibility is back order, but if that were the case, they should have told you right away.

I was told that a short adjustable upper is so common to all their kits (long and short!) that they always had them in stock.

No, they *CAN'T*, and shouldn't. You are *NOT* RE's customer. RE has no business releasing any info on that order (make no mistake about it, it's not YOUR order) to anybody except their customer.

jslamerman said:
I was told that a short adjustable upper is so common to all their kits (long and short!) that they always had them in stock.

yeah, that's what I would've thought too. I dunno man, its hard to say where the ball is being dropped along this road. Call TNT once more for a tracking #. If they can't give you a definitive answer on whats going on, call the BBB, that will light a fire under their ass.

jslamerman said:
You know, I agree to a point. They can supply a damn tracking number, they just WONT.........it would have been drop shipped from them(and their just plain cocky, crappy attitude, you know what Im talking about). Id file a claim, except Id prefer to believe that a company as reputable as TNT would ship them (theyve been very nice, and have killer customer service as opposed to RE, with this exception). Im kinda lost as to why something this simple would provoke them into ducking my calls (gotten so bad that theyve answered, Hi Jason before!! Makes me feel kinda like crap, like Im bothering them, but Ive got to get this thing mobile again!!)

They have proprietary business contracts with their vendors. Can you imagine the customer service nightmare they would have to host if they dealt with every vendor's customer directly?

It sounds very much to me like you want a whole lot more than what you paid for. You got a great deal on a kit from a guy who never opened the boxes, didn't let him follow through with the company he bought them from, ordered them instead from someone else, bashed them because they didn't treat you right and now you're pissed because the manufacturer won't give you information you should have gotten from the vendor?

When was the last time Black and Decker helped you out because Target couldn't tell you where your coffee maker was?

Grow up. You have a beef with the guy you got the kit from, not the company that sent it to the vendor he bought it from.

whatever.......you are right. I shouldnt expect to get the arms after payment. Effectively, theyve been paid for twice. I think it says something. Its my right to think that. I am not impressed, and have real reason to not be impressed. Would you be? How many times would you have to pay for something personally, before you felt something was wrong(at least in this instance I havent paid for it twice, just once so far!)?? You must be a very understanding man! In that case, would you like to buy something?? ( I do understand the avoidance of the "customer service nightmare" you reference. The only REAL reason Im pissed, is they are aware of the whole situation, and have been from the get go. They were aware from both my end and the sellers that the arms were never there, but policy (REs) dicatates that missing parts be reported in 10 days from shipment reciept. I would assume( having been previously aware of an issue that, at the very least, could have been created by them) that they would be a "little" more helpful, instead of fostering more negative opinions of their own company. I am very involved in the industry, and I am starting to understand the sentiment about REs customer service, or lack thereof...............

Last edited:
jslamerman said:
whatever.......you are right. I shouldnt expect to get the arms after payment. Effectively, theyve been paid for twice. I think it says something. Its my right to think that. I am not impressed, and have real reason to not be impressed. Would you be. How many times would you have to pay for something personally, before you felt something was wrong?? You must be a very understanding man! In that case, would you like to buy something??

You never should have bought another set in the first place if you thought RE was at fault. You could have let the original buyer fix the problem with the kit he ordered.

Now you bash a manufacturer for something they're not responsible for?

I'm not the most understanding person, but I like to think I could point my finger in the right direction when warranted.

FWIW, all the RE stuff I just installed came correct and works just fine.

Imagine it was someone other than you asking RE to confirm the tracking number. See the problem??

RE gives that information out and now a third party has sufficient information to intercept your package. Stop focusing on RE and talk to the vendor you are doing business with. They should be able to contact RE and get a tracking number for you.

Still avoiding the question.. how long ago did you order the arms? IT typically takes RE 1.5-2 weeks from the time of order to get me my stuff on the East coast.. Maybe TNT delayed the order a day or so which would take longer.

MAYBE RE is out of stock... lots of stuff to look at here..

BUT, when did you order the arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back