• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 flange questions?

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
i just installed a 8.8 in the rear of my jeep. all the axel came with was the flat flange coming out of the rear yoke. i got a 1510-1530 u joint adapter. but now the big nut that screws the flat flange on sticks out and the u-joint doesnt go directly on that. what do i need?

Spicer 2-2-1369 is the part # for the 1330 sized joint
Spicer 2-2-1379 is the part # for the 1310 sized joint

I think. lol

Hit a napa and have them look it up.

96XJay said:
Spicer 2-2-1369 is the part # for the 1330 sized joint
Spicer 2-2-1379 is the part # for the 1310 sized joint

I think. lol

Hit a napa and have them look it up.
i got a napa right down the street so what do i need to tell them i need? lol? thanks for your help

Driveshaft flange adaptor for a Ford 8.8 rear axle. Just give them the part number and they'll figure it out. If your driveshaft is originally a 1310 joint then get the Spicer 2-2-1379 and just give the combo joint to a buddy or something. It's easier to come up with a standard 1310 joint when you are out in the boonies with a broken u-joint than it is to find a combo joint.

well just got back from napa they cannot cross refrence the spicer # they do not carry spicer anymore... whats my next option?

please help....

your a god!

Did you tell the Napa guy that he sucks? lol

I've got a place called Heavy Duty Parts here locally that carries all the Spicer stuff so I get it all there. I even got that adaptor for $23 from them.

Bummer though that Napa quit carrying Spicer stuff. I'll have to remember that.

Any local driveline (driveshaft) shop should have access to this stuff too for you.

closest is about 2 hours form here... damn, what am i gonna do?

i have the spicer one but you can use a factory one out of a ranger, not as strong but will do for light wheeling and you can get one from a local yard....

a regular stock ranger flange will work? any years?

thanks guys!!!

Back