• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do ya think.........race proven 3 seasons

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
Im betting by relieving the stress of twist on the leafs that these would increase spring life and flex

http://www.deaverspring.com/BajaBushing.htm

along with liner and graphite paint.........the flex might get spooky!

they are similar to orbit eyes

sba150_Bushing.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i thought about these when ordering my Alcans but the down side isnt so much in the price as it is in the modifications that have to be made to the frame side leaf spring mount.

dsgray16 said:
yeah i thought about these when ordering my Alcans but the down side isnt so much in the price as it is in the modifications that have to be made to the frame side leaf spring mount.

these go in the shackle end only, to be effective you only need one end done

too small diameter for the frame end bushing

thats why I think these are superior

Theres no way that they are as effective if you only have them in one end...sure they are easier to use, and sure they are effective..but not AS effective as the orbit eye setup which allows the whole spring to rotate and not just one end.

IMHO

The oribt eye system is also designed to use in only one side. If used in both it would become unstable on the road rubber bushing is needed at one end to stop side to side axle walk

I've been looking at these for a long time.
My only concerns are how much body roll you get and how much road noise is transfered through them into the cab.

vegas_baja said:
I've been looking at these for a long time.
My only concerns are how much body roll you get and how much road noise is transfered through them into the cab.

Ive been in a yota with them at the shackle end and no noise, and big difference in articulation.

xjnation said:
Im betting by relieving the stress of twist on the leafs that these would increase spring life and flex

That is one of the three reasons I bought my TeraFlex Revolvers a number of years ago. Among two other reasons, I was hoping it would extend the life of the springs.

These seem to be a great idea that doesn't exhibit any potential negative side effects (at least that I can think of at the moment) that the Revolvers are associated with.

My rear leaf pack is almost 7 years old, (Old Man Emu) but if I do change them out in the near future I will certainly keep these in mind.

I wouldnt waste the money. You'll get more road noise, side to side axle movement and no more flex than before. I have not used the ones you posted but have run revolver shackles that pivot side to side and have built a shackle with a RE superflex joint and got no added articulation just the ill effects each design comes with. The front half of the spring is shorter so a orbital eye bushing there would do more for articulation than in the back, as well as not promote side to side axle movement.

I attemped to explain the reason behind the side to side movement if the orbital eye/flex joint is on the shackle side but gave up...someone else can put their thoughts into words.

T&A-XJ said:
I wouldnt waste the money. You'll get more road noise, side to side axle movement and no more flex than before. I have not used the ones you posted but have run revolver shackles that pivot side to side and have built a shackle with a RE superflex joint and got no added articulation just the ill effects each design comes with. The front half of the spring is shorter so a orbital eye bushing there would do more for articulation than in the back, as well as not promote side to side axle movement.

I attemped to explain the reason behind the side to side movement if the orbital eye/flex joint is on the shackle side but gave up...someone else can put their thoughts into words.
I cant see how it would add any side to side movement. It would seem that the pack stays put side to side, as it doesnt have anything to slide on. Now it will twist, but it wont slide or anything like that sideways that I can think of.

Yeah, i am also i little lost with understanding side to side movement...... can someone explain(if it does happen).

T&A-XJ said:

So you have seen these in use? So cuz you have screwed up on your project no others work?,

I personally have seen the effects of the orbit eye before and after.They made a big difference with no ill effects on the road.

I guess you could say I screwed up but at least I tried something and learned from it. The same forces apply here no matter the part manufacturer. How much you notice them depends on you.

Good luck with your project

T&A-XJ said:
I guess you could say I screwed up but at least I tried something and learned from it. The same forces apply here no matter the part manufacturer. How much you notice them depends on you.

Good luck with your project

I guess Im wondering why you are the only one Ive ever heard say negative

I also ran metal made right original revolvers with very good results and no ill effects.........it takes more than throwing something it takes work to make anything work

Id like to see your shackles too

Last edited:
Back