• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how high ? 285/75/16

drift1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. i was wondering how many inches would be needed to clear 285/75/16 tires and rims? also is it better to buy a lift kit or get individual pieces. if i bought seperate and say i wanted a 3" lift would i get 3" springs and leafs or would the leafs be higher because they droop later on? Sorry for so many questions.... Thanks All :D

here is pic of my previous XJ with 285/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns - they are right at 33" tall and i was running RE 4.5" lift on that jeep.

Jeeps004.jpg

Im running RE 3.5" ZJ springs and 3/4" spacers up front, RE 3.5" leafs and RE boomerang shackles out back....no trimming... My 285x75x16's are approx. 33.1" tall according to the manufacturer.

pic014.jpg

pic023.jpg

I have 33/9.50s on my Comanche with 4.5" coil (with extended lower arms and adjustable tracbar) front and rear SOA. I still touch now and then. (did last night while driving the snowy "road" near Reiter, WA.)

Back