• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Viair v. Quickair

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I'm lookng to add a portable air compressor to the wish list.

Overall whats the difference between the two manufacturers? It seems that the Quickair compressors are more expensive than Viair.

What have your experiences been with your setup, either Viair or Quickair?

I've owned 2 Viair compressors and never had an issue with them. I've got no experience with the Quickair.

I have the viair 400 hard mounted in my junk, This little thing is outstanding, takes about 2 minutes per tire from 10psi to 30psi. Super quite & doesnt get too hot. Great value for money i think, as my kit also came with various fittings, coil air line (about 20 feet long when stretched) with built in guage. & storage bag for the line.
I actually used it today to air up 3 rigs tires one after the other- it ran for nearly 1/2 hour, no problem.
I bought my set up from tellico4x4.
Hope this helps

I have a Viair 450. 100% duty cycle. I have it hooked to a 5 gallon air tank. I like it. I've had it about 3 yrs. No problems with it. I can't compare it to a Quickair as I've never seen one.

I've got a viair 400 (33% duty cycle) hard mounted with a 2 gallon tank. I've had it for about two years with no problems. And yes, I am the air biotch after the trail ride, and fill everyones tires. It has never cut off on me even after a solid 30 to 45 min use it still just pumps away.

I have a portable Viair, and it does it's job. My Father in Law has the Extreme Air, and it is hands down better. We will start airing up at the same time, he has 35's and I have 33's. I'll always end up airing my last tire with his Extreme Air, as his tires are all aired up and I am only on my 3rd tire!

I have the Viair 400p
http://www.viaircorp.com/400p.html

He has the 3/4hp Extreme Air
http://www.4by4connection.com/exsev12volai.html

Picked up a used Viair from my brother's bagged lowrider.

Viair 450. Tanks are in the works.

unrealtrip said:
I have had that compressor for about 3 yrs now and have come to the conclusion that it is the same compressor as the Extreme Air for about half the price and you get it mounted on a tank with a pressure switch with a regulator and fittings to boot! Compare them, both have 3/4 HP 100% duty cycle motors-- Extreme Air rates theirs 4CFM @ 0 head pressure, the Puma rates theirs 3.4CFM @ 40 psi and (IIRC) 3CFM @ 90 psi (which is more usable info) It's a great unit for the money. I have left mine portable, as I move it between three different 4Xs. I also have one of those cheap Superflows (paid $40 for mine!) and what a surprise that thing has been, I keep that one behind the seat of my Toyota p/u and it'll air up my 35s no sweat!--------Hans

karstic said:
Cracker

Is the compressor hard mounted or is it portable? Are you using a tank or straight off the compressor?

Stephen,

It is hard mounted and I was running it on my front ARB with no tank straight off the compressor. I had no issues with it for the 5 months I used it with the ARB (now I have a Detroit up front).

FileHandler.ashx

and this was the plate we made to mount it that used the factory air box studs.

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

X3 on the puma, and I’ve also heard its uses the same compressor as the extreme air, just for less money, and with a tank included. I’ve had mine for about a year and it is defiantly faster then a viair 400.

Back