• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What ever happened to SoCal meet & whatever??

KINGSIZE killed it! LOL! No really he did. :D I think the plan was for sometime in the fall. Not real sure though. Sequoia, MJR, jump in any time.

Why not make it a run weekend. There is a new run for physically challenged people in September out in Ocotillo Wells or we can make up our own run in JV or BB or Bolsa Chica.

BB would be good cause they have restaurants to meet after the run. JV would be good cause we can camp for free and cook and drink anything we want and no bother anyone. Bolsa Chica would be good because of the scenery and its close to Turks.

Ray

I would love to go to JV, but Im not sure my D35 is going to like it much...not to mention Im open front and rear untill I get my D44 installed and re-gear/full-float the D30...oh and then unprotected rockers wont like it much either...hehhehe :D

Actually, I've been putting some thought into this subject recently. A little while back (in June) there was a small run up in the Big Bear area, since then I haven't been able to take part in any runs, I've been battling several different probelms with my rig in between working and such, kinda nuts right now! :)

I'd like to set something up though, even if it's just a meet and greet at a resturant somewhere, some night. I haven't met most of you yet and would like to, I just don't know when I'm going to get that Jeep running right again!

Anyway, if anybody has sugestions feel free to fire away, just so you know I'm going to be leaving town next Thursday (August 28) for a little over a week, I'll post up here when I do.

Sequoia

We still have some potential Adopt-A-Trails to run ...

keep me posted.

I vote for Borrego Springs. Right in the heart of Anza Borrego Desert State Park. Twenty miles from Ocotillo Wells....excellent camping or RVing. Thirty miles from Los Coyotes. Close to my welder.....Not to mention I know EVERYONE here and we could have ourselfs one heck of a good time!!! Maybe even for the Oct.31 Hallloween run....

Sorry Jump..... but as much as we would love to make it all convenient for you :D BB is more centralized :)

My suggestion would be to combine it with the excursion to checkout the adopt trails, and allow the 1 dayers to show up as well as 2 dayers :)

I'd also suggest staying away from restaurants but instead to hit up either a picnic area or a group campground where all can gather and have more room, and look at rigs and so on.......

Also the weekend of 6th might be a good choice :) Anything later then that, and we're getting close to Moab and I got still plenty things to fix (damn electrical for towing needs to be redone as I smashed it) and I don't know about anyone else, but I don't wanna break/damage anything that would require fixing right before the trip....

Kejtar

6th of what month? :huh:

A group of us XJ drivers in the San Diego area are meeting at the Islands on Balboa Ave off the 805 for lunch Thursday the 21st of August (Tomorrow). Join us if you can.

As far as the meet and greet someone will have to decide and commit a date. We're all so spread out that there will never be a good day for all of us.

Kejtar said:
I'd also suggest staying away from restaurants but instead to hit up either a picnic area or a group campground where all can gather and have more room, and look at rigs and so on.......

C'mon Remi, we all know you're cheap! :D

I've got a few things to look into about that date, not sure if I can do it or not (I'll need to have some time to fix the Jeep, I doubt I'll be able to chase out my overheating problem before I leave on my vacation next week...

I'll get back to you :)

Sequoia

He's Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvve. :scared:

Back