• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Boosting 2", who runs with 4" BS?

J-Roc

NAXJA Forum User
Hey NAXJA, well I kind of shot myself in the foot, I bought rims and tires, crager soft 8s 15x8 w/ 4" BS and 31"x10.5" Dayton Timberline MT's

I picked up a used leaf springs that I am going to bastard pack with my XJ springs, so hoping for a 2" lift there (springs cost me $40)

So I went to price out coils and here in iglooland I'm lookin at $270 for RC coils, didn't even bother pricing RE or $ky-jacker, so... since I can't seem to find many good deals on 3" coils, I have been thinking about a 2" puck.

Now my reasoning for this, I DO NOT want to drop the Tcase, the 242 hangs low enough, I want to minimize the chance of vibration until I can afford a proper SYE ($900usd from Tommy) I can't justify watching my poor tires sit here in the basement.

I read that I would rub running a 10.5" tire which is why I opted for a 4" backspaced wheel, at 2" will I be chewing my fenders to shit (1996 Classic Edt.) ? I don't mind a little bit of rubbing and if worse comes to worse I can just trim the fawker a weebit. I want to keep the meats off the LCA's. Another reason I am opting for a BB atm, I am new to wheeling and should learn to wheel mostly stock, I have been out a couple times, but now I think it's time to upgrade.

Also, @ 2" I won't need to change my shocks out immediately (I already have BPE's for the rear as well) so thats another $200 back in my pocket.

Who on here is running a 2"bb w/ 4"bs rims on 31" x 10.5" wide tires?

I am running 15x7 with 4" BS on 31x10.5 BFG MT's with a 2" lift on a 98. Not exactly the same, but I had some rubbing with normal street use up front on the front bottom of the flare. A few minutes with a Dremel, and all is good. I'll need to heavily bumpstop before any offroading, atleast 2" maybe more.
I think you will be in better shape with a 96, and if you're not affraid to trim you could get away with less bumpstop.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up, and about Rusty's I don't know anyone in Canada that deals with him, and if I get my shit shipped from him, well we all know the stories ...

Edit: I can't even make an account with Rusty

Last edited:
don't know where in ontario you are but maybe check out Hess Performance in Hagersville. great pricing and no tax (on the reserve). Real helpful and can get alot of stuff.

J-Roc said:
Hey NAXJA, well I kind of shot myself in the foot, I bought rims and tires, crager soft 8s 15x8 w/ 4" BS and 31"x10.5" Dayton Timberline MT's

Who on here is running a 2"bb w/ 4"bs rims on 31" x 10.5" wide tires?

I just got rid of 30x9.5s with that sized wheels on my 1 3/4" bb. I just barely cleared my rear flares when stuffed with swaybar connected and couldn't really turn up front. I was fine on road once I trimmed my front bumper corners flush with the bumper height. Hope that helps...

Hey fellow Ontarian, ya X2 on the Rusty's problems. I have gone thru him for a few of my accessories, and ya with shipping/customs/and head aches for any return possibilities... I'll go thru NSOR or someone else here before Rusty's again.

Krazors001 said:
I just got rid of 30x9.5s with that sized wheels on my 1 3/4" bb. I just barely cleared my rear flares when stuffed with swaybar connected and couldn't really turn up front. I was fine on road once I trimmed my front bumper corners flush with the bumper height. Hope that helps...

My 1 3/4" BB with 30's doesn't hit anywhere, stuffed or not....Wonder why yours does ?

I run them same wheels, when I was running a 3" lift and 31x11.5 MT MTX's I rubbed quite a bit front and rear. I kept ripping the rear flares off. The front I trimmed enough that it wasn't that much of a problem. This was with the rear swaybar removed and the front disconnected.

TRCM said:
My 1 3/4" BB with 30's doesn't hit anywhere, stuffed or not....Wonder why yours does ?

Had 4" backspacing. I'm guessing you were running more?

Back