• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fire extinguisher mount

Mounted mine in the indent at the right rear. Just pulled the plastic panel and put aluminum plate behind it to give the plastic extinguisher mount more stability. So far it's OK.

Just place it between the driver's seat and the door.

It is the perfect place. In case of emergency it is the most convient and fastest place to grab it.

Sorry I don't have pics of it. It is a fairly simple mod, no screws, tape, or special tools.

"Its so simple a caveman can do it."

ricko70 said:
Mounted mine in the indent at the right rear. Just pulled the plastic panel and put aluminum plate behind it to give the plastic extinguisher mount more stability. So far it's OK.
I did something similar, but used fender washers behind the panel.
Picture048.jpg

Put it between seat & door & screw it to the floor. It's handy & it's not going anywhere.

Joker2669 said:
you mean to just lay it in there?

I have done this before with a good sized piece of the hook side of velcro stuck on the extinguisher to keep it from sliding around (as long as you still have carpet :) )

alfman said:
Put it between seat & door & screw it to the floor. It's handy & it's not going anywhere.

Have you had a fire set to your XJ yet. :flame: Well I have. I was installing my car alarm with the battery in.

ONE OF THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE DONE.

OK back to my point. Let me say when you have a fire you panic. You are in a HUGE HURRY to find that thing. Well when it is bolted and you can't pop the dang thing off of the strap you tend to struggle to get it off. Which takes time and every second matters.

It is fine if you just lay it there. If you roll the jeep the first thing I would do after I shut off the engine off is grab my fire extrungiusher.

Just leting you first hand. Hell put two in one next to you and one were bowhunter but his.

i have 2 of them. one between the driver seat and door. it just lays there and never moves, but is super easy to get out. and my second one is between the passenger seat and the door. it also just lays there and never moves but is super easy to get out. :)

I thought it might move around just laying on the floor between the seat and door so screwed the wall mount that came with my mini to the plastic trim on the base of the driver's seat. mounted real nice and tight under there and i could easily unlatch and grab it without looking. thought it was the best spot to get at in a hurry until i fixed my leaky injectors. funny thing is my jeep never caught on fire but my oven did and I had to run out to the jeep to get the extinguisher :banghead:

jordo said:
I thought it might move around just laying on the floor between the seat and door so screwed the wall mount that came with my mini to the plastic trim on the base of the driver's seat. mounted real nice and tight under there and i could easily unlatch and grab it without looking.

x2

It's where I plan on mounting a new one; may also mount one on the passenger side too.

:)

I've got one on the passengers side of the trans tunnel so I can get to it in a hurry. Also have a larger one on the drivers side C pillar.

I mounted mine to the floor in front of the drivers seat. JIM.

Back