• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help wiring in switch

4x4ever

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and found that since I have the renix system I can just wire a switch in parallel to the system for my cooling fan, so I'm trying to wire in a manual switch so I can just turn it on and off whenever I need, but I can't figure out where to run the wires thru the firewall to the switch. Also I know nothing about electrical stuff so I'm confused as how to hook up the switch. Can somebody help?

find the two wires for the fan, one will be positive and one negative. hook up a lead from either the battery or the inside fuse box and run it first to your switch. there's a port in the firewall on the drivers side where the hood latch cable runs through, it's an excellent hole to use. then from the switch use that same hole to get back out to your engine compartment and hook it to the positive wire that supplies power to your fan.

Back