• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler steering

hockeyplurr

NAXJA Forum User
I searched and couldnt come up with to many oppions on the RK steering set up. Just wondering if its worth the price, does it improve on road driving and how great is the steering improved? Also where online can I order it? Looking to get my steering all ordered up today.

I've ran it on my TJ. I plan on getting it again for my MJ. Since it uses heims I wouldn't recommend it for a daily driver. Not that it wouldn't handle it fine it's just that heims wear significantly faster than tie rod ends. DC4WD has great prices on RK stuff. So does Machinewave.

If you go this route make sure you follow the directions carefully. The steering stops need adjusted once you complete the install. If you skip this step you run the chance of turning your drag link into a 4 foot long pry bar on your knuckle bracket.

Nice stuff. Not for everyone... but a solid product.

I recommend this kit instead: jcroffroad.com

Lifetime warranty. If you break it, they will replace it. I highly doubt anyone could break this without driving directly into something at speeds above 15mph. Even then it would have to be an ideal scenario to break the rod itself, the TREs may be a different story as I know little about chevy parts.

Also, if you have a reamer and bits, the kit is about as cheap as you can get without running welded inserts.

Back