• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire decision help!

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
So I found a few sets of tires, someone help me decide on what used set of tires to get.

Four 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs, $240, 50% tread
Four 35x12.50 TrXus on 15x8 Black steel w/ dino beads, $400, 1/3 tread
Four 33x12.50 Yokohama M/T+, $500, like new
Five 33x10.50 BFG M/T on stock Jeep Canyons, $350, 75% tread (one tire is flat with a nail in the tread area)

and don't say the MTRs, cuz they're like an hour and twenty minutes away from me. LOL
Might be worth the trek though? Not sure where the others are located. But I think a lot closer to me.

Well if you wheel in the wet and the snow you cant beat the MTR for traction, but mud maxxis or bfg are better.. If it was my vehicle id get the MTR's... Oh if you want get the mtr's and I will trade you my bfg's 35x12.5x15... over 50% tread left..

Clean-RC said:
Well if you wheel in the wet and the snow you cant beat the MTR for traction, but mud maxxis or bfg are better.. If it was my vehicle id get the MTR's... Oh if you want get the mtr's and I will trade you my bfg's 35x12.5x15... over 50% tread left..

I wound up with the MTRs, bigger meat sure look good, but they really don't have that much tread on them. Good thing I have a daily driver now. I hope it'll get me through until the next profit sharing check. LOL

DSC00198.JPG

Wow, getting some big meats under there takes it from the "i need a tetnis shot just looking at it" side of the scale to the "lets go wheel" side of the scale..

cal said:
Wow, getting some big meats under there takes it from the "i need a tetnis shot just looking at it" side of the scale to the "lets go wheel" side of the scale..

ha, gee thanks, I guess? I took the pic from the good side too. Maybe that helped?

There wasn't much *I* could do in Calico to test out how the new tires fit this weekend in full flex. I resorted to driving up walls...

unknown.jpg

not too shabby. now I need a full size spare.

Back