• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever have any problems with Bilstien 5125's?

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
I have a a noise comming from the front driversside. Everything is tight and I can not find anything loose. It is much worse when it is cold out and first starting up. After I have been on the trail a while (or even the street) it slowly goes away. I was thinking it might be the shock with a dead spot or sometihng when its cold and after working it for a while and it warms up it is okay. Am I crazy or is this possible.
I am going to swap the shocks on the front from side to side and see if I start getting it on the passendger side instead.
Any ideas? Oh the shocks are only 2 months old.

If by switching the shock nothing changes I would pull the front DS and see if it go's away. I had a similar problem when my CV was going out.

I love all 4 of my Bilstein 5125s and have had no problems. Bilstein makes good stuff and I highly doubt a 2 month old shock from them would have a problem (unless abused). Changing them side to side is a good idea to make sure it's not them, but odds are it's something loose (unlikely since it goes away) or old and worn.

Swap it and see if it's still making noise. If it is, get it taken care of right away. Those shocks only have a 90-day warranty. ;) Haven't heard of that happening, but that doesn't mean it can't.

I swapped them out and while I was doing that I think I might have figured out what it is. I have JKS bar pin eliminators and I think what it might be is the bushing in the shock compressing just enough for the shock to make contact with the JKS shock mount. I bent them out a little bit and will see what it does.
I know its not the drive shaft because I run without that most of the time and it still does it.

Back