• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys trac bar

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
just purchased the rustys trac bar and frame mount. got the trac bar up in place but the frame mount. not to sure where it goes. anyone got pics thanks.

It bolts up on the drivers side in place of the old tracbar bracket. follow the tracbar you just installed up to the drivers side where you bolted it up, un-bolt it, take that mount off.. install new mount, there you go..

come on i know someone has this kit on their XJ please help with some pics or info. thanks Matt

If you look on bottom of the passenger-side frame rail, directly accross from the track-bar mount on the driver's side, you'll see the frame has a tab with holes identical to the driver's side. These are used for right-hand steering models. I beleive the two hole flange on your brace bolts there. The other end bolts to the track bar mount.

I dont much care for the Rustys stuff personally....but I just did a KEVINS TB conversion. It is attached exactly the same as the Rustys one.

Here is my OLD Skycrapper TB next to the KEVINS TB:

KevinsTrackbar004.jpg

Here is a shot of the "frame" where the frame mount attaches. (Odl mount removed):

KevinsTrackbar005.jpg

Here is a shot of the axle end where the TB attaches.

KevinsTrackbar007.jpg

I used NEW 1/2" grade 8 bolts for the top two bolts and the stock studs for the bottom two:

KevinsTrackbar013.jpg

KevinsTrackbar012.jpg

For the KEVINS, I needed to drill out the bottom hole for a 1/2" bolt. This makes it much stronger and can be torqued much higher.

KevinsTrackbar011.jpg

Here is the frame and axle ends all done:

KevinsTrackbar016.jpg

KevinsTrackbar014.jpg

Here is the whole thing ready for miles and miles of better articulation and death wobble free driving!!

KevinsTrackbar018.jpg

Good luck with your RUSTYS stuff....I will say look good and watch the welds on the frame mount. I have seen them fail on this part.

CW

Is your axle housing bent on the drivers side? Maybe thats where the "death wobble" is coming from.

I cured the wobbles by adjusting the caster and installing the Skycrapper TB. Back a year ago. I mentioned wobbles as this new TB is a MUCH stouter design. Further eliminating the posibilities of DW returning.
Trouble is the way the Skyjacker TB mounted, it tore the mount from the frame. If you look at the pic of the axle end you will see the welds after I reattached the stabulizer mount.

CW

I was kidding about the DW but your axle housing still looks bent up on the drivers side. Probably just the photo angle though.

Ive had my KEVINS TB set up on for over two years now, and still just dig it to the utmost, and I still wonder why the XJ didnt come from the factory with this design in the first place....

if you going to use rustys trac bar you need to put a 7/16 bolt on the end that goes to the axle and don't use the stock bolt,soon or later that hole on the bracket will get bigger and you will srat hearing a poping noises when you move the wheel side too side thats want happen too me.

cwlongshot said:
I dont much care for the Rustys stuff personally....but I just did a KEVINS TB conversion. It is attached exactly the same as the Rustys one.

Here is my OLD Skycrapper TB next to the KEVINS TB:

KevinsTrackbar004.jpg

Looks like a stock track bar frame mount with a 2x2 box welded to the bottom.
Hey, wait that's what I did to mine when I moved the track bar over the axle. :shocked: :)

YUP, Thats what they do. As a matter of fact, they will BUY THE OLD bracket back!!!

I got a $50 credit that went towards HALF the price of my new JKS Quicker discos!!

CW

Back