• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nav radio (rb1/rb4) XJ retrofit question

zer0321

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I recently got my hands on a nice RB4 nav radio from an '04 wrangler for cheap. I am in the process of making it fully functional in my '97 Jeep Cherokee. On WJJEEPS.com, it says that these nav radios have been retrofitted into ZJ grand cherokees and older Chrysler vehicles such as a '95 cirrus.

I already have the wiring adapter to go from the 22pin to the dual 7pin connector. From what I understand- It has an extra wire that is not in my dash for the vehicle speed info which it gets through the 'PCI bus' which presumably the XJ never had, to make it compatible it seems I need to get an ECU with the PCI bus and splice it in

If I get another ECU (lets say, a '99 WJ grand cherokee) can anyone provide me with the color codes of the wires for a '97 XJ and a '99 WJ so that I can power up the WJ ECU give it the vss info needed to get this 'PCI bus' wire working for the NAV system?

It's been done before, so I know it is not impossible, I just need help knowing which wires do what on the ECU connectors....

Thanks

Back