• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring question...

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
If I were to take out the bottom leaf in a 3.5" leaf pack how much lift do you think I would get out of it?

so if you were to take out the bottom two leaves you think it would net around 2" of lift?

Don't take too many leaves out or you will have axle wrap issues.
Maybe consider replacing a couple with stock leaves, that way there is still a spring pack left.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
Don't take too many leaves out or you will have axle wrap issues.
Maybe consider replacing a couple with stock leaves, that way there is still a spring pack left.

Ditto!

I wouldn't remove any leaves, it can lead to quicker fatigue and more spring wrap. If you're looking for less than 3" of lift, I'd add a couple leaves to the stock pack. I don't favor add-a-leaves, since they are usually too stiff and they don't come with friction pads. It's better to rob a couple of leaves out of another discarded/junk yard leaf pack so you get the friction pads, and also so you can split the difference in the length of the individual leaves in the pack to keep the spring rate consistant.

Back