• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a pic with 265-75-15's?

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I went to buy a set of tires today, at a local shop and met this interesting mechanic named Lee Roy, who acted like he knew everything there was to know about rubber, well I engaged in conversation with this one-of-kind hillbilly, who proceeded to tell me, through 8lbs of tobacco in his lip, that a set of 31-10.50's would run me 506 mounted and balanced so of course I wanted him to quote me the closest metric size to 31's that I could calculate in my mind at that time, (265/75/15) in order to compare the price. According to him same exact Brand (BFG's) and tread were 213 dollars cheaper!!, now by rough math there is only about 6 tenths of an inch in height difference and a couple of tenths in width, (correct me if I'm wrong). So mom did not raise a fool, my XJ is about to be fitted with 265's ....Corrections Please?? Stop me if I'm wrong.....

First, apologies meant to change title before submitting

Second, Knew the size was close

Third only asking for corrections, I work all the time and trust the knowledge of MOST of the guys on here.

:)

here ya go
FallforAll06014.jpg

FallforAll06007.jpg

the spare is 255/70, the other 4 are 265/75 on stock 16x7's, with spacers up front.

mgreen84 said:
I went to buy a set of tires today, at a local shop and met this interesting mechanic named Lee Roy, who acted like he knew everything there was to know about rubber, well I engaged in conversation with this one-of-kind hillbilly, who proceeded to tell me, through 8lbs of tobacco in his lip, that a set of 31-10.50's would run me 506 mounted and balanced so of course I wanted him to quote me the closest metric size to 31's that I could calculate in my mind at that time, (265/75/15) in order to compare the price. According to him same exact Brand (BFG's) and tread were 213 dollars cheaper!!, now by rough math there is only about 6 tenths of an inch in height difference and a couple of tenths in width, (correct me if I'm wrong). So mom did not raise a fool, my XJ is about to be fitted with 265's ....Corrections Please?? Stop me if I'm wrong.....
BFG doesnt even list a 265/75/15,but my chart says it would be a 30x10.

ChuckstrPT said:
the spare is 255/70, the other 4 are 265/75 on stock 16x7's, with spacers up front.
that would be a 265/75/16:sunshine:

So how many sidewall plies? This is not a LT rated tire? How do they do offroad for others here?

i've got 265's on my XJ and my dad's got them too. we're not what you'd call extreme wheelers, but we do run a small farm and both jeeps see all kinds of terrain on a farm.... also we have a 93 S-10 blazer 2wd that we run them on and we flat-@$$ abuse that little thing. only flat we've ever had was a bad valve stem and a stud incedent.... ne ways, i like them just fine....

Hypoid said:
So how many sidewall plies? This is not a LT rated tire? How do they do offroad for others here?
It's a load range D. Same construction as other MTR's

" Inside, advanced silica compounds combine with Goodyear’s patented Durawall construction (the three body plies of high modulus polyester cord used for the tire’s carcass) provides cut, tear and puncture resistance that can take you where you want to go with freedom from worry."

click here for more details http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+MT%2FR&sidewall=Outlined+White+Letters

at 12 psi they flex well. I may go lower, but I've got to balance clearance issues with traction. Being open front and rear, the pressure becomes more of an issue as I need more traction!:viking:

Back