• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS Drilling on '89 Cherokee

LkuHomer

NAXJA Forum User
First off thanks for all the help last time. Been a week or so now, and still starts up.

Months ago I stopped driving this car because the TPS went bad, and when I went to replace it, the bolts broke off nice and flush with the bolt holes.:flamemad:
Now I don't know much about doing it, but I know there is not enough room to get to the holes with a drill. I moved hoses and wires out of the way, but there just isn't enough room. Do I have to take the throttle body out, or is there something else I can try?

probably get a set of helicoils i messed mine up as i was drilling so i ended up having to drill a bit bigger and toss some helicoils in. took about 2 mins to pull the tb off the engine. drill press works awsome too. found this out after the first hole drilling catastrophe.

There is a guy in south Texas on this board that was advertising a throttle body for $15. Simple

they are metric machine screws with torx heads... sorry I cant remember what size they were. go get some nice brass ones from a hardware store cause the ones I got in my replacement were crap!!!

Back