• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flares and bed liner

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone coated there stock flares and bumpers with herculiner or anything smiliar? I am probably going to do this within the next week but I want to see what everyone has to say about it first. Thanks

Mike

I have a set of TJ/YJ flares that have been coated with Rubberized Rocker gaurd, the final result is a dull black colour, but I like it as it is tough and I am not big on shiny.
make sure to give them a good sanding to get whatever paint is on there off, and to give it a good grit to grab onto when you put the new stuff on.

They are the plastic flat black fenders anyways so I dont really care about them being shiny, I just want them black and mean looking. The bumpers I will sand down, I dont feel comfortable sanding them down to bare metal though, they might rust and cause problems later on with the liner.

i did mine with the herc liner and it fell off so i lenghtened my flares 3 inches and molded them to my fender and had them linexed they turned out pretty good i can send pictures in the morning when its daylight

Back