• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift kit for 31" tires

patric84patric

NAXJA Forum User
I want a lift kit for my 95 xj. mine is a two door and i was wondering if it was the same wheel base as the four door. Also there are soo many lift kits out there. i wanted to know what would give me a happy medium between summer camping and daily driving. i know this is alot like the other guys thread but i didn't understand what the final result was.

cheers

Welcome to NAXJA! I see this was your 1st post. party1:

The wheelbase for the 2 dr and 4 dr is the same. I gravitate to the 2 drs more, but have owned a dozen or more XJs 2 door and 4 doors through the past few years. People will all have their personal opinion on what suspension is the best, but you cannot really go wrong with Rubicon Express.

To run 31's you don't need more than 1-1/2" or so and can run a budget boost of a 1.5" spacer up front and blocks, shackles, or add a leaf in the back. I'm moving up from 31's to 33's on my daily driver and have some rubbage with 31's and a budget boost (mostly while turning and if I'm loaded down with cargo), but 31's and a small lift will not need many additional mods like new aftermarket control arms, track bar, brake lines, slip yoke eliminator etc. It also looks good and is very streetable and you will not need to go with different gears although you will have a slight performance decrease with the bigger 31" tire over a stock tire that is around 28" or so.

Troy

patric84patric said:
I want a lift kit for my 95 xj. mine is a two door and i was wondering if it was the same wheel base as the four door. Also there are soo many lift kits out there. i wanted to know what would give me a happy medium between summer camping and daily driving. i know this is alot like the other guys thread but i didn't understand what the final result was.

cheers

I installed a Rusty's 3 inch lift on my buddys cherokee with 31s. and it is a perfect look. You can fit 31s on a jeep stock, but it will look goofy unless you have 1.5-2 inchs of lift. Anyways... the 3 inch rustys kit looks good, is cheap, and comes with a full leaf spring pack. Many people on here will say rustys is crap, but this lift only has shocks, coils, and leafs, so theres not much to screw up! Check it out at www.rustysoffroad.com
-Patrick:moon:

Your 2-door should have slightly larger wheelwells than the '97+, meaning you can get away with larger tires more easily. I have 2" with 235/75/R15s, and I'm eventually going with 31s. Mine is a '99, and because I've already trimmed a bit, I don't expect any rubbing issues.

I run the RE 3.5" superflex with 31" swampers and i rub all full flex but im not bump stopped properly but like everyone has said already 31" tires do fit on a stock XJ it just looks a little goofy, if your not a hardcore trail person just do the budget boost till you get the lift bug and save up for a nice RE lift long arm with 33" or 35" and go wild! hope this helps ya..

Back