• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Sunday???????????

mattyj

NAXJA Forum User
I know that there are a few going up to big bear Saturday, but unfortunately i can t make it.
So i thought i'd through a feeler out there to see who might be interested to do Cleghorn on Sunday.
So far it looks like me & maybe Stew (Stewgod) but the more the merrier.
Thinking about meeting at 9am at Cleghorn exit off the 15.

dzraces said:
I wouldnt do it... I know you dont care but theres 2 schedualed patrols for that area

No, its not that i dont care. I just think its going to be hard to enforce a restriction on all parts of the trail. I dont think they are going to start throwing out fines at every person they see using it, unless there have been signs posted in the last 2 weeks stating what is accepted & what isnt.
Sure a warning may be issed, but i figure i should try and have my last few outings there before they shut the place down(if it happens).
I'll let you know of my experience.

Hi, I'm new here so I gotta ask - what are these patrols that are referred to and what are they looking for? 2 weekends ago I was "next door" on the trail (3n24?) above the 15 / 138 interchange (is there a convenient name for this trail? the one that breaks out near the 2 on the 138) breaking in my new-to-me XJ. I saw a Federale parked on the side of a wide spot on the trail - he didn't even look up at me as I passed. Was this a "patrol"? I've driven Cleghorn many times in my Sammie; I didn't know there was even talk of it getting shut down.

Small world Dan. Someone mentioned your name to me in an earlier thread and said there was another Pinon Hills member.

the patrols are one of two things volenteers trying to inform the public of where they shouldnt be if they are seen in those places and of actuall law enforcment forest rangers passing out warnings and tickets to those they catch. chances are who you saw was one of the surveyers they have had in the area (remapping) and not a patrol but who knows.

Yup live off of 138 and evergreen

Thanks for the explanation. That doesn't sound too threatening - I normally stay on the marked trails. Is Cleghorn really at risk of closure? Several books will need a rewrite if that happens.

alsodon said:
Thanks for the explanation. That doesn't sound too threatening - I normally stay on the marked trails. Is Cleghorn really at risk of closure? Several books will need a rewrite if that happens.
the actual trail is not in danger the offshoot fun stuff is off limits. basicly if your not on the graded fire road your not on the trail as it were

OK, that does suck. I read the other thread that had more details on this subject, I didn't realize that "the fun stuff" wasn't part of the official trail. I really enjoyed those - I even have fond memories of my brother and I pounding my drag link straight after pretzeling it trying out one of the motorcycle trails. He's normally a complete jerk but we bonded during that one. I will avoid the patrols, lay low and hope this blows over

So 3 of us have decided to still run it tomorrow & see whats up. We will be at Cleghorn Exit ramp at 9am, if anyone else wants to join in.
Will be on channel 12.

Just thought i'd let you know that Stew (stewgod) and i ran cleghorn today form about 930 am till 1pm. Had a great time & Stew added some beautiful rockrash to his lovely black paint!
We saw about 5-6 other rigs, afew quads & the odd bike up there, but no patrols/rangers/police or the like.....
Also there were no new signs stating anything about trail off-shoot closure???
Maybe they will start soon, if it happens, but it was all business as usual up there today!:)

Back